Chapter 14

Gabby's POV

💌

I just wanted to rest my body. Today was exhausting. I could close my eyes at any moment right now because I was beyond tired. I looked at the clock, it was eleven thirty. I decided to go home just because I didn't want to get sick if I forced myself to work overtime.

I walked to my car, the light in the parking lot was dim but I could see someone was inside a car, looking at me from the inside. I wasn't scared, I was too tired to deal with someone else tonight. Mostly because I knew who it was.

I sighed, turning the engine and drove home slowly. Then a car followed me from the parking lot until I got home and they were just like that. It was weird, and it wasn't the first time.

It was the eleventh time that car followed me until I was home. I shrugged it off, ignoring their intention because like I said, I didn't want to deal with anyone.

I looked at my house. There was a car and the light was off. I opened the front door slowly, trying not to make a loud sound, maybe Allie was asleep. Then I searched for the switch, turned it on and I froze.

Holy shit.

"M-mom?!"

Both Allie and Becca stood up rapidly and I saw Allie buttoned her shirt again and Becca was standing there awkwardly. I tried to accept whatever it was about but damn, I was so shocked though. My sixteen years old baby girl was making out on the couch in the living room of our house.

I pressed my lips together. I heard Becca said goodbye to Allie awkwardly and she was a little bit scared of me when she said her bye and I just nodded like an idiot because my mind was full. A lot happened today and I was beyond exhausted.

Jordan showed up again at the bar, she didn't say anything to me, she just sat there ordered a drink. She was weird. Then I remember what happened a few minutes ago when I had been followed. It was Jordan's car. She followed me almost everyday and just like that, leaving me when I was home. How creepy cute.

And now, this?

I sighed, Allie walked closer to me. She seemed scared, like really scared, because she tilted her head down and she hugged me. "I'm sorry, Mom."

I furrowed my brows. What is she sorry for? I asked myself. She didn't do anything wrong though. "Why are you sorry?"

She shook her head and she sniffled. Oh dear god, what did I do? "Let's call it night and we'll talk about it tomorrow, okay?"

Allie nodded. She kissed my cheek without making an eye contact and suddenly I felt bad. I wasn't supposed to treat her like this but today was exhausting for me and I needed to relax. Tomorrow was my day off so I hoped I could talk to my daughter.

I woke up at eleven in the morning and smelled something good from the kitchen. I washed my face and brushed my teeth before heading to the kitchen. Allie stood right in front of the stove and she was listening to the music from the small speaker she had bought long time ago.

Drown myself in alcohol, that shit never helps at all.
I might say some stupid things tonight when you pick up this call.
I've been hearing silence on the other side for way too long.
I can taste it on my tongue, I can tell that something's wrong.

But I guess it's just my life and I can take it if I wanna.
But I cannot hide in hills of California.
Because these hills have eyes, and I got paranoia.

"I hurt myself sometimes, is that too scary for––"

"Good morning." I greeted Allie.

"Yaaahhh!" Allie sang the last word and she startled at the same time, I laughed.