26. P-A-S-T. Previous Asset Successfully Thrown.

Chapter 26.

P-A-S-T. Previous Asset Successfully Thrown.

~~

I stared at the person I never thought I'd meet. I stared at her hour glass figure and elegantly dressed fashion and then looked at my dark blue sweatshirt and white shorts. I instantly felt insecure. I couldn't even blame Bryan for falling for her. She was drop dead gorgeous.

I blinked a few times, hoping she would disappear. But she didn't in fact she was coming straight at me.

A cherry topping to my already bad day. Awesome.

I debated with my inner self on whether I should just turn away and walk off, acting like I never saw her or stand there and hear her heart wrenching words. Something inside me stopped me from moving, my legs didn't seem to cooperate at all.

"Joanna." Her voice was surprisingly soft but the snide smile on her face screamed fake.

"Anastasia." I greeted back with the same fake smile.

"I thought I would never get a chance to meet you."

"Oh?" I raised my eyebrows in surprise. I thought and hoped it too. Why was she being polite and nice?

"How is Bryan?" She asked, some creepy emotion swimming in her eyes, it strongly resembled triumph.

My fingers gripped Janice's bag so my palm wouldn't just come in contact with her cheek bones. "Great."

She smirked. "Has he told you about me?"

I nodded my head, grinning scornfully. "He told about how you cheated on him with Sean and what a bitch move that was."

Her face clenched at the name of Sean. "I never liked Sean." Her eyes narrowed. "Did Bryan say the bitch part?"

I shrugged, giving a twisted smile. "I am sure he meant it."

She growled lowly. "I am sure he didn't." She then pretended to look at her nails innocently, they were painted in red and had delicate white design on it. It reminded me about my now half broken nails. "Has he met you in the past two days?"

My heart froze for a second. She knew something I didn't, I could feel it. "No."

She smirked, her eyes staring right into mine with viciousness and victory. "He was with me."

Don't kill her. Don't kill him. Don't kill them. Let the sharks do the good deed. "Wow."

She scowled at my neutral response. "Do you love him?" She asked blatantly.

I bit my lip. Who the fuck she thinks she is to ask that? And why the fuck would I answer her? "I may."

Her lips twisted into a frown. "You may? I am sure about my feelings."

My hold on the bag tightened even more, hoping the handle didn't break. The 'am' part didn't go ignored. "Yes, precisely why you cheated on him. Nice way of showing your love."

Her eyes blackened further at my taunt but she bit her lip from snapping. "Does he love you?"

I paused, my heart beating unhealthily fast. "He never told."

Her lips spread upwards over her powdered face. "He told me."

"Great."

"He told me so many times." She smiled fondly at the memory.

Now it doesn't take much to make me pissed but when I do try to control, I actually try. This female, Anastasia whatever-the-f-her-surname-is seemed to bring out the worst in me. She made me think deadlier plans than Jack the Ripper would have ever come up with.