61 - Part 5 of 5

Chapter 61 : All is not Lost

[3rd Person's Point Of View]

"We're finally at the final stage of the second bout! Will the Elite Ten win another glorious victory?" Urara asked.

"Let's give it a taste." Histoire said.

"The fact that Mr. Kuga decided to smoke the meat in his dish is rather interesting." Anne said.

"The moment we took a bite the freshness of the green tea fills our view with a beautiful green."

🍵 🍵 🍵 🍵 🍵

"The winner of this match is Mr. Tsukasa!" Anne said.

"Eat that you jerks! You gave it all you had, and you still died in a fire!" Urara asked. "Too fricking bad!"

"I don't know about that." Erina said.

"The Elite ten won a flawless victory! We now bring today's Team Shokugeki to a close with both sides having five members remaining." Urara announced.

"The third bout will be held tomorrow morning at 10 am! We'll wipe the floor with these rebel scum yet again!" she yelled.

"So this is what Nakiri and (Reader) was talking about before the second bout." Soma mumbled.

[Yukihira Soma's Point Of View; FlashBack]

"If we're just crushed by their overwhelming strength, we'll have died in vain." Nakiri said.

"But if we're able to wear down our opponents' stamina and concentration, that won't happen." (Reader) said.

"Right, that'll just boost the chances of the members who come after!" Erina said. "That is our strategy to get through this Team Shokugeki." Nakiri said.

~End of FlashBack~

"This loss wasn't in vain." Nakiri said. "It actually gives us great hope. We still have our solidarity." Nakiri said.

"Yeah, we still have a chance!" Arato said.

"We haven't lost all hope!" Nikumi said.

I looked over to (Reader), she looks a bit tired so I approached her.

"(Reader)! You alright?" I asked then she gave me a forced smile and nodded. 'Is something wrong?'

"(Reader)-chan who's going to fight for tomorrow?" Tadakoro asked (Reader).

"I already know who but let's talk about it later." (Reader) said smiling.

"Ugh, talk about depressing! I seriously thought I was going to win! Yukihira-chin!" Kuga-senpai called. "I'm tired! Massage my shoulders!" he commanded me.

I looked at (Reader) before massaging Kuga-senpai. "Got it!"

"Wipe my sweat." Kuga-senpai said.

"Osu." I said before wiping his sweat.

"I'm thir- GHaAK (READER)-CHIN!!" Kuga-senpai yelled when (Reader) hand-chopped Kuga-senpai's head.

"Oops~. I'm leaving excuse me." (Reader) laughed and waved at us.

"Wait (Reader)-"

"Yukihira." Tsukasa-senpai called me. "I'll probably skip out on tomorrow in order to get back into top condition."

"If you still want to fight me, you might want to skip out on tomorrow as well to better your chances."

"Nope! I'll be appearing tomorrow. We came here to win as a team."

"My job right now is to pass the baton to Isshiki-senpai and Nakiri by causing as much of a ruckus I can and chipping away at your numbers." I replied then looked at my teammates.

"Isn't that right, guys?"

"Yeah / Yup." Takumi and Tadakoro replied.

"I'm just gonna come out and say this right now. We first-years are the ones who are gonna wreak havoc in the third bout. Let's have some fun!" I said.

"Heh~ Don't hate us if all three of you go down tomorrow, Yukihira Soma." Rindo-senpai said while being assisted by Kinokuni-senpai.

"Right back atcha, Senpai!" I said.