9.Joseph Collins

Thanks @alejandraa188, @halfpint16 and @LunaluluP for voting.

Lucas' POV:

There was a loud bang on the door. Victor stood up and went to the door and checked his gun in the holster. He opened the door and a man was standing in black t-shirt, black denim jeans and black leather jacket.

"Evening sir. I'm Joseph Collins from 'Collins Home Redesigning'. You have called for Redesigning in your house. Am I right?" He said.

Victor sighed a breath of relief, "Yeah, come in. My sister's room is to be designed," Victor said with as usual no emotion. He motioned him to come inside and locked the door behind him.

"Desiree, This is what's you name?" He directed the last part to the man. "Joseph Collins Sir." He answered. Victor nodded his head and again turned towards us, "Lucas, go with Mr.Collins and Desiree." Victor said and left the room.

"Mr.Collins, please sit while my little brother and sister eat." Ethan said. The man nodded his head and sat on the couch near the dining room. We ate the food. Desiree ate very little and sat at the dining table not knowing what to do. I finished eating up very quickly and stood up. "Desiree, come. Let's go." I said. She nodded and washed her hands and came with me.

"Mr.Collins." I said and that man stood up and followed us. We went to Desiree's room and I opened the door. "How long have you been living in this room, sweet lady?" He asked eyeing Desiree. She opened her mouth to talk but I cut her off, "I am sure as hell that how long my sister lives here is none of your concern, Mr.Whatever-your-name-is. So, you better stop talking to her." I said and he gulped and nodded.

Something is suspicious...

He was pasting the wall posters while I was sitting with Desiree. Desiree not even uttered a word to me. 'Mr.D'Martini, you just scared her by snap in front of her.' I said to myself.

I sighed and turned to see her. She was fidgeting with her fingers in her lap. I sighed again. "Desir-" I was cut off by Mr.Whatever-his-name-was. I huffed in frustration and gave him a death glare. "What?" I snapped. "Mr.D'Martini, Can you please go and get me the paint bucket. It's in my car." He said trembling. "You can go and do that yourself," I said with a expressionless face. He raises his hands which were now completely covered in paint. I took a deep breath. I looked to Desiree was still in the same position.

"Desiree, I'll be back," I said and she nodded without even looking at me. I went out when I saw Victor was standing at the main door. Why is he wearing this shit of a dress? He is gonna kill someone today. I saw me and came to me, " Luc, We are going for some 'business'. Keep Desiree safe." I nodded. Ethan came out and said, "Luc, If you want we can leave Lee or Willi with you."

Not them. I'll be good without them.

"No no. I'll be safe. Don't please leave them to me." I whined and Ethan chuckled. They all went out and took put a jeep and went away.

I turned to go inside when I heard, "LUUCCAAAAS," Desiree screamed. My heart states beating fast. I went running to the room when I saw my Desiree  was lying on the floor. Her clothes were torn. I quickly threw the jacket to her and looked to see Joseph Collins standing there smirking. "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?"  I yelled as I covered Desiree behind me. "This is for capturing our boss," he said. Who can be the boss who know about Daisy? Only one person on hell knows. Darius Eterna. "Are you from the Eterna mafia?" I asked and he smiled.

Bammm.

Joseph Collins whose real name was Joseph Regatti. He is the second hand of Darius. How can I forget about him?

He was lying there on the floor, blood seeping through his left leg. I dragged him out of the door and locked him in the basement.

Desiree is already hating me for snapping in front of her. Great. Now I just shot a man infront of her and that too in her room. You just lost your mind Lucas D'Martini.

I went inside of the room and she was sitting in the corner. Her body was covered carefully with my jacket. Her cheeks glistening with tears.

I went and kneeled beside her. I sighed heavily and started to speak, "Daisy, I know what I did was wrong. I shouldn't have shot him in your room but-" This time I was cut off by shock. I looked down and saw Desiree was hugging me. Her hand deeply buries in my chest.

"Thank you for saving me br......brother." she said. And I hugged her tightly. Now two people were crying in that quiet house. One is Desiree, cause she was just about to lose her life. Another one is me, my baby sorellina has called me brother. "I promise you Desiree. I don't know what happened, but I will protect you after this. I promise you." I said she nodded and said, "I know." She put her left hand on  my shoulder when I noticed a crimson liquid flowing down her arms. Her left arm has a cut running from her elbow to her wrists. Shit. Fucking Lucas D'Martini. You haven't realised this till yet. "What's this, Daisy?" I said touching the cut. She winded in pain. I cursed inside my mouth and too her to my room and place her on my bed. I went to the bathroom down the bedroom hallway and pulled out the first aid kit. I applied some ointments on the wound and wrapped it using the bandage. She pulled me to her and made me sit beside her. She just hugged me, listening to the now steady rhythm of my heart.

An hour has passed. I called my brothers and told them everything. Just as I assumed Darius escaped from the warehouse.

I was stroking her head and we were still in the same position. The door suddenly opened and Victor came in running. He looked at us. He just pulled Daisy to him and hugged her. She kept her head on his chest. She is too short to reach his chest level. It looked like she was hugging his torso.

"Desiree, I beg you. Please tell us what happened in the Eterna mansion." He said. All the brothers gathered around them. She looked up at us.
.........

Wordcount: 1109.