21.The pain

Hey guys.

There is an important note for you in the end of this chapter.

Author's POV:

Victor saw Desiree walking up to the restroom. He sighed and slunk back into the chair. He rubbed the sweat from his head and removed the coat and placed it on the armrest.

All the brothers seemed tense that day. An unknown fear was lingering in the pit of their stomach. They were unable to get rid of it.

Suddenly, music started to blare through the speakers and all of them turned to see a orchestra was being prepared. Their eyes were settled in the stage but their minds were waiting for their sister to return to them quickly.

'What's taking her this long?' Victor thought. At the same time Alexei Romanova came towards him. "Mr.D'Martini, why don't you come and join me for a round of drinks.?" Alexei said and Victor absent mindedly nodded his head.

Alexei took Victor to a private dining area. There was a table with two chairs with a bottle of whiskey and two glasses. "I'm not in a mood for drinks. I don't want to seem like a drinker in front of my sister." Victor said.

'I should pursue him for sometime or else Darius will kill me' Alexei thought. "It's okay, Mr.D'Martini. We can just chill around and talk something." Alexei said in the hope that Victor will agree for it.

"You know very well that I'm not a person to chill around, Romanova" Victor said irritated and looked down at his watch. It showed 9.47.
Alexei was thinking what to do next when Victor's face turned into a frown.

"I should go and check on my sister now." Victor said. "She would be in the restroom, Mr.D'Martini. She will come out quickly" Alexei immediately regretted the words that came out of his mouth. Victor's face was now fuming and in a swift motion he grabbed Alexei's collar and fisted it in his hands. "How do you know where my sister is?" He growled in anger when Alexei just trembled.

"LUCAS" Victor yelled and Lucas came running to him. "Uccidi questo pezzo di merda.(Kill this piece of shit)" Victor said and Lucas nodded his head and left the lounge and ran towards the restroom.

The sight in front of him made his blood turn cold. His baby sister was lying on the cold ground bare. The makeup she had put on where smudged. Small cut and wounds were seen all over her face.

He quickly ran towards her and wrapped his coat around her unconcious body and lifted her in his hands and went out. William and Ethan who were standing there ran towards him.

They exited the party hall through the back door without anyone's notice. The Limo pulled up to them and all of them sat in the limo.

Ethan gave a quick call to Liam and Lucas about the incident and that they were taking her to the warehouse.

After 20 minutes of travel they reached the warehouse. Victor picked her in his hands and ran inside while Ethan and William were trailing behind him.

"CASSANDRA" Victor yelled as he ran for the surgery zone in their warehouse. The brothers were losing their mind when the Cassandra Scott, a woman in 23 years of age running to the room.

"Capo, cosa è successo.(Boss,What happened?)" Cassandra ran towards Victor and when her eyes landed on the bleeding girl in his arms she screamed, "Oh mio Dio. Cosa è successo a questa ragazza e chi è lei?(Oh my god! What happened to this girl and who is she?)" She said as she made the surgery bed clear by shattering all the things to the floor.

"Non lo so, Cassandra. È la mia sorellina e giuro che se le succede qualcosa ucciderò il mondo intero.(I don't know, Cassandra. She is my baby sister and if something happens to her I'll kill this whole world)" Victor yelled but not enough to startle the girl lying in his arms.

Cassandra motioned him to lay her on the bed and he did it. "Capo, voglio che aspetti fuori finché non la esamino.(Boss, I want you to wait out side till i examine her)" Cassandra said in a soft voice.

"NO" Victor yelled. Cassandra thought for a minute. She had known Victor since her childhood. He is the same stubborn man he was all the while. She sighed heavily, "Capo,Voglio esaminare il suo corpo. Il tempo che perdi qui peggiorerebbe la situazione.(Boss, I want to examine her body. The time you waste in here will only worsen her state.)" She said and she can see the pain across his face.

He slowly nodded his head and went out of the room followed by Victor and Ethan.

Cassandra slowly removed the coat wrapped around the little girl's body only to find more wounds and blood. She quickly connected Desiree's body to the IV and started cleaning the wounds and stitching them.

After an hour, she came out of the room and saw Victor sitting in the chair placed near the door his arms folded before his chest. Ethan was standing beside him while William was sitting on the floor and his head was on Victor's lap and sleeping.

Ethan was the one to notice Cassandra and ran to her. "How is she?" He asked. She nodded her head, "There are a lot of wounds in her body, Ethan. I hope she will gain consciousness in 3 days." Cassandra said. Ethan not bothered to wipe the tears streaming down his cheeks.

"Take William to home and come back in the evening, Ethan. I'll inform you if anything happens." She said. Ethan just nodded his head and took William in his hands and carried him to the car. Victor was still sitting in the same position.

Cassandra slowly walked up to him. "Capo(boss)" she said softly.
He wiped the stray tear from his cheeks and looked up at her.

She sat beside him and gently placed her arms on his shoulders. He didn't bother to turn to see her. "She will be alright. She is your sister. She will be as strong as you. Don't worry." She said to him softly. He slowly leaned into her making her wrap her left arm around him.

"I promised her that I'll keep her safe. I promised my mom that i will protect her. I promised my dad that I'll take care of our family. But I failed twice, Cassandra. I lost her once. Now she is laying unconscious on the hospital bed because of my carelessness. I failed as a brother." He cried. She slowly stroked his arms. He suddenly turned around burying his head in her shoulders and cries loudly.

 He suddenly turned around burying his head in her shoulders and cries loudly

'Let him be, Cass. He is in pain." She thought as she wrapped her arms around him and let him cry on her shoulders. The warehouse hallway was now filled with the beeping of an IV machine and the sobs of the World's Strongest Mafia's Leader.

...........

Worcount: 1163

Hey guys. Tomorrow is my birthday. And I'm finally turning 18. So I'll not be able to update the story tomorrow. Sorry for that.

And guys, Victor's girlfriend Melissa is Alexei's daughter. I forgot her last name and put another one. So please keep in mind that his girlfriend's name is Melissa Romanova and not Melissa Jones.

And

Bye-bye.