CHAPTER 2: Revenge

"I am not agreeing with you, Mr. Grayson! You may please leave now! I have a meeting", I almost shouted at him.

He pressed his lips in a straight line, trying his best to not tear me open.
His eyes narrowed as he went towards the door, he stopped there, turned around and said, "You will regret it, Miss Mallay."
And with an evil smirk on his face he left my office.

God, what have I got myself into?!

As soon as he left, I grabbed the pen stand on my table and threw it on the wall, and I stood near my desk supporting myself against it.

What does he thinks of himself?! God?! He thinks he can order anyone. I am not going to agree with him. I can't marry him, not that asshole especially. Marriage was the last thing on my list, I have so many things left to do.
I never even had a boyfriend, I spent my teenage year planning and my adulthood executing my plan. I don't have time for all this. And I don't even want to merge my company with his, I know it is of benefit for me but I can't marry him, I just can't.

And when he said that he would make me regret this, I know he meant it. And I can't help but shiver thinking about all the things he could do to make me regret rejecting his proposal.

My company is everything I have, I can't risk it.

The door burst open and a confused Josh walked in, "From when did I become your boyfriend?! And you almost kissed me Thera, what's wrong?! "

"You were supposed to act along with me not stand there as if you have seen a ghost!", I yelled at him.

"How was I supposed to know that what is happening, I didn't dream that you will do all that. First you call me in and then introduce me as your boyfriend to Mr. Grayson, I should be the one yelling at you. It was not my mistake!", he yelled back.
Before I could say anything, he walked away from my office, slamming the door.

What the hell!
Firstly that asshole messed up with my mind and now I even had a fight with my friend. We hardly fight.
Awesome Thera!

I sat on my chair, with my head in between my hands and I tried calming myself.

An hour later, my intercom beeped and as I pressed the button, Josh said very coldly, "You have a meeting in fifteen minutes with the French Investors."

"Cancle all the meetings, I am going home."
He didn't reply me but I know he understood.

I was not in mood to attend any more meetings or do anything so, I collected my things from my desk and decided to go back home.

Walking past Josh's desk, he didn't even glance once in my direction.
He was pissed off!

I decided not to say anything to him and I went home.

"You are back early, Thera", Maria said upon seeing me.

"Yeah...I wasn't feeling well so I came back."

"You okay?", she inquired.

"Of course, I just need some rest that's it", I smiled.

She nodded smiling back.
She turned around to leave when I called her saying, "And Maria, no need of cooking the dinner tonight, I will be making it."

"Yes, Thera", she said before leaving.

I know how to make it up to Josh.
____________________________________

Josh loves my smoke flavoured chicken curry, so, I decided to cook that today for him and say sorry.

So, I started preparing my curry as I first marinated the chicken...