CHAPTER 6: Wedding Of The Decade

"So, what else is on my schedule?", I asked Josh who sat infront of me in my office.

"All your meetings for today are over now you have to go for your... wedding dress trial..."

I sighed, "Cancle that and schedule it on some other day."

"You have been rescheduling it for the past one week", he spoke sternly, "and the wedding is next week, Thera. You need to go today."

I rubbed my temples, saying, "I don't want to, Josh."

"Whether you want or not, you have to go. You can't turn up at your wedding in some jeans and shirt."

I put my head down on the table in frustration.
I never heard of Isaac again after he dropped me at my penthouse after we came back from his parent's house.

"Mr. Oliver, I order you to leave me alone", I said with my head still down.

"I am not going to listen to you this time, Thera. You are going to get your wedding dress TODAY."

I lifted my head, "I can fire you for this behaviour, Mr. Oliver."

"I don't care if you fire me but I can't see your hardwork getting destroyed by that so called fiancè of yours, so GET UP!", he scolded.

He stood up from the chair, walked over to me and grabbed my hand before he started dragging me.

Eventually, I got up and I had tears in my eyes.

"Why should I buy the dress? To get married to someone who doesn't even respects me a bit. He doesn't even considers me as his wife to be. For him, this is all just a game!", tears formed in the corner of my eyes.
Josh looked at me sympathetically.

Josh embraced me in a warm hug as I placed my head in the crook of his neck, crying.

"I don't want to marry him, Josh. Why can't he just merge the company without marrying me", I sobbed, "Save me...he will definitely kill me."

Josh rubbed small circles on my back, "I am sorry, Thera...but I can't do anything..."

"He won't kill you...you are important to him... without you this company is nothing and he knows it", he added.
I pulled back sniffing and wiped away my tears.

"I will tell the driver to get the car ready...come down in five minutes", he said softly and I nodded.

He went away and I walked to the washroom attached to my office and washed my face.
I looked at my reflection in the mirror and saw the vulnerable side of myself, a side which I left years ago. This is not who I am, I am stronger than this, I don't give up this easily, never.
I am gonna show that asshole that I can be strong enough to marry him, strong enough to sacrifice my life to him just for the sake of my company.

I reapplied my nude lipstick and walked out of my office.

As I got into the elevator, my phone rang and I saw Nyle's caller ID flashing. Smiling I picked it up.

"Hello, Mr. Morgan."

"Hi there, Thera", he greeted back, "I was thinking if we could meet..."

"Well, actually I am going to try my wedding dress...I will message you the address, we can meet there only."

"Oh, good. Who else will be there?"

"Just my best friend, a.k.a my assistant."

"Nice, I'll see you there", he spoke before hanging up.

I reached the ground floor and walked out through the main door of the building and saw Josh already standing there near the car.

I got inside the car while he sat beside me and the driver started the engine.