CHAPTER 15: Too Good For Me

"It's almost eleven, why don't both of you go to sleep", I scolded Emmeline and Isaac who sat on the couch, watching Frozen 2 and were chatting.

Isaac switched off the TV and picked Emmeline in his arms before going to my room and I trailed behind them.
He carefully placed her on the bed and then kissed her forehead, whispering, "Goodnight."

He then said goodnight to me before moving out only to be stopped by Emmeline, "You didn't give her a goodnight kiss."

He stared at her weirdly before looking at me while my eyes were wide open.
Will he kiss me goodnight?

"It's...o-k, Emmeline...", I tried making her understand but she only frowned, "But why? Dad kisses mom goodnight everyday."

I looked at Isaac for help but he only shrugged moving closer to me untill he was inches apart and he leaned down and very softly, kissed my forehead, letting his lips linger there and making my heart skip a beat.

He mumbled, "Goodnight, Thera", before moving out of the room.

With Emmeline in my arms, I stepped out of the car at the airport, in front of my private jet.
She gasped at the sight of the jet.

Isaac stepped out too, followed by Josh who will be going with Emmeline.

"I am going in that?", She asked in surprise.

"Yes."

I handed her over to Josh but before that, she hugged me tightly, wrapping her small arms around my neck and buried her head in the crook of my neck.

"I will miss you, Thera", she whispered sadly making my eyes wet with tears.

"I will miss you too, babe", I said ruffling her hair.

"And thank you so, so, so much for taking care of me."

"Aww...I enjoyed it. I like kids."

She then kissed my cheeks and in return I kissed her cheeks too.

Next, she did the same thing with Isaac, told him that she will miss him too and then kissed his cheeks too and he kissed her forehead before handing her to Josh who took her inside the jet after she waved to us for the last time.

"I still don't get it that why didn't you go along with her", Isaac said, shifting closer to me and my body stiffened at his words.

"I have lots of work."

"It's Sunday."

"Umm...", I trailed off trying to find an answer.

"You do realise that most of your actions are very suspicious and questionable", he said in warning tone.

"Wh-what do you...mean?"

He bought his mouth close to my ear and whispered, "Very soon, Thera."
The way he emphasised on my name made me shiver because he was definitely up to something, something I wouldn't like.
_______________________________________

A few weeks later...

Walking past Isaac's room, I found his door slightly open and I could here his voice as he talked to someone over the phone.

Why hasn't he left yet?

He was supposed to leave for a dinner meeting and he should have left till now or else he will get late.

Knocking softly, I went inside to find him standing infront of the mirror with a file in his hand and the phone pressed between his shoulder and ear while he tried to button up his white shirt with one hand.