CHAPTER 18: Unbelievable

Time to reveal some secrets😏.

Now I feel that he shouldn't have kissed me because he is back to ignoring me!
Maybe he is either mad that he couldn't resist or there is something else.

But the thing is, even I am ignoring him...a little bit because that kiss really made everything very awkward even though we are married but this marriage was just for our companies. We were not supposed to be involve with each other emotionally or physically, even though it was not mentioned in the contract but there were some rules that I made for myself and I definitely broke that...I mean he broke that.

It's been four days since he last talked to me and since four days, I have been dreaming about that kiss only; I could still feel it. Not that I am complaining but that was one of the best feelings in the world.

Do I want to kiss him again? Of course.

I told Josh and Nyle about that kiss and they had such a blank expression on their face and then they suddenly started bombarding me with questions like, "Did he initiate it?" "How did it feel?" Or "Was it slow or rough?"
Seriously?

Who asks such types of questions?!
My friends are crazy!

Their questions made me feel so embarrassed that I was literally red and then they again started their drama that, "Thera is falling in love."

I am not falling in love!...Or maybe I am? No, no, I am not falling in love!
When he can make a fuss about a kiss, I don't know what will happen if I fall in love with him and confess it.

But even if I fall in love with him, will he ever love me back?

"You are worthless!", My father's voice echoed in my ears and tears started forming in my eyes.

"You are nothing but a burden", my brother told me and a tear rolled down my eyes.

"We have to buy you medicines just because you don't fall more sick and then we will have to admit you in a hospital and pay the bills; they are so expensive these days", my mother said to me and more tears started falling.

"Stop wasting the money. You just waste my money and nothing else. You are good for nothing", father scolded.

"Such low marks?! What will everyone say?! Why can't you be like your brother and stop being a disgrace", he shouted.

"Sometimes it seems that God sent you in our life just to take revenge on his. You are a punishment for us", mom said.

"What are you so happy about? Stop smiling", I was told.

"You don't deserve this family's name! You are not worth it", everyone said.

"Can't you speak more softly and stop being so rude! Your father will be ashamed to call you his daughter", mom told me and I was a crying mess already.

"What's the point of sending you to school, you don't even study properly and just waste your father's money."

How can someone fall in love with me? Why would anyone love a someone who is worthless?
I can never expect Isaac to love me and it would be better if I don't fall in love with him either.

At around 10 at night, I walked to Isaac's door with the thought of making him talk to me.
I knocked twice but got no response so, I cautiously opened the door to find the room empty.
He must be in his study.

I was about to close the door, but something on the nightstand caught my attention. A photo frame.
Why didn't I see this before?