CHAPTER 23: Birthday Gift

There was a knock on my door and I said, "Come in."

Cynthia walked in and said, "Someone is down here to meet you."

"Who?"

"I am not supposed to tell you the name."

"What do you mean by that? Is it Isaac?"

"I think you should come and see yourself." Before I could ask her anymore questions, she left leaving me in confusion.

I switched off the TV and walked downstairs into the living room and I could hear someone whisper.

Just as I entered the living room, I froze.

"Her house is so big!", Claudia remarked.

"Of course it will be big, stupid. She is so rich", said Daisy.

An involuntary gasp escaped my lips making them turn their attention towards me.

Everything froze.

I stood there frozen as I stared at my best friends, standing there with a blank expression.
What are they doing here?! It's not that I am not happy but...

My thoughts were interrupted as Araima held her hand out to Emilia and Emilia removed her sandals and handed over to Araima.

Oh shit!

Looks like I am in trouble.

I shrieked and ran for my life as my best friends ran after me.
I climbed the stairs as fast as possible and opened the door of our bedroom.
I was about to close the door but they were quick to stop me and bursted in.

"Guys I can explain!", I shouted.

"What will you explain?!", Araima yelled before throwing the slipper at me and thankfully it didn't hit me.

I jumped over the bed and they all held me down on it, before climbing over it and a few punches landed on me.
Ouch! Well...I deserved that.

"It's my birthday guys! Have some pity on me!"

They finally climbed off me and stood near the bed while I gasped, trying to catch my breath.
They stood their with folded arms and a scowl on their face.

"I am sorry", I finally said in a very soft voice.

"Sorry for what?!", yelled Claudia.

"That how you left us all seven years ago and made us all worry that you died then only to be informed five years later that no, you are alive and you are one of the richest person in the world!", Araima scolded.

"I am sorry, I didn't want to be in contact with anyone and believe me it really hurted me to leave you all but I had no other option", I explained.

"You could have contacted us later!", Daisy said.

"And you said that you would come back on this day but you didn't!", Emilia said.

"And when I was offered a job here in this city, I accepted it just because I would be able to meet you but no, when I came to your office, I was sent back saying that you are too busy to meet anyone", Claudia shouted.

"Believe me no one told me that you came", I tried defending myself, "though I knew that you and Emilia are in NYC only."

"How do you know?"

"Well...I always kept myself informed about you guys by my investigators. I know that Araima got engaged a few months ago and rest all of you are still single."