2020-When Time Stood Still Prologue

Prologue

From Alpha to Omega

10: Then the third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star burning like a torch fell from heaven and landed on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water.

11: The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter like wormwood oil, and many people died from the bitter waters.

12: Then the fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun and moon and stars were struck. A third of the stars were darkened, a third of the day was without light, and a third of the night as well....

Revelation.

The USA.

She sat in deep introspective silence, the tears momentarily blinding her vision. She held the letter from Francis a while longer then placed it carefully back on the table before her. She knew he had been incredibly happy in Spain and could not understand what any of this meant?

It was as if even holding the letter made it more real, more painful, yet by placing it at a distance she was able to momentarily convince herself this was just a bad dream.

"Goodbye to all my loved ones.

I need you to understand why I have left and to forgive me. Here is the explanation from those of us who have made the decision to depart from Planet Earth, from this 3D existence, and what awaits those who choose to remain:

"The earth will be split in two. A division unintelligible to most human beings right now.

Some of us have made the decision that enough is enough, and we will not accept the new world order.

Change is indeed necessary, and the extraordinary levels of environmental destruction, greed and violence were unsustainable and had to be stopped.

The new changes that have been implemented however are not those that were promised and indeed carry a heavy sacrifice, the loss of our freedom!

They disguise these changes with many unfulfilled promises.

We yearned for a new age and now we must seize the opportunity. But, for the new to enter, we must say goodbye to the old in all its guises and that will mean separating from many of our loved ones.

They may not share the same depth of understanding as us nor the refusal to comply with this regime of fear and absolute control..."

The letter continued but she could not find the strength to finish. She needed time, time to think, to absorb the information. But time was the one thing that had run out.

The USA was on its knees; the economy had collapsed; civil war had ravaged the country and environmental catastrophe had destroyed much of both the North and the South.