Preparations

Suddenly she gasped, and sat up. She was back in her bed, but this time the sheets were rustled and she was surrounded by her friends. J'onn sat in a chair holding her hand, and Alex was asleep on the bed next to her. Well, Alex was asleep until she was awoken by the sudden movement. Kara breathed a sigh of relief when she saw everyone respond to her presence.

   "Kara!" Alex gasped out.

   "We need to catch Lex." She said in a panic, rushing to get off the bed. Alex tried, but failed, to pull her back down. "We need to get him! We need to get him right now!"

   "Woah, woah, woah, Kara are you okay?" Alex got off the bed, and draped an arm around her sister while she paced.

    "No, the only way I'm ever going to have my perfect future, the future I want, is if we catch Lex. Everything will be better after we catch Lex."

   "Kara, even after we catch Lex there will probably be some other bad guy."

    "Maybe, but not this bad. No one who will involve Lena. I get it now, It's not my fault, none of this is my fault, this is his fault."

   "Yeah, I've only been trying to tell you that for weeks. Along with literally everyone else." Kara pushed her sister aside and kept pacing through her room.

   "Can you call Brainy? The problem last time was that we split up, we need to all stay together. We can't falter, we must follow through. If we stay together and visit the two locations one at a time, we will succeed. We have to succeed." The words poured out faster than Alex could process them.

   "I can call Brainy, but only if you calm down."

    Kara took a deep breath and sat back down on the bed. J'onn reached out and held her hand, "we're going to get him Supergirl, I know we will." Kara suddenly felt more confident, thinking about baby John or baby Olive, both would be named after strong men who knew what to fight for, and how to fight for it.

   "Kara?" she turned attention back towards Alex, "Brainy is on his way, then the four of us will go to the first location."

   "We have to come up with a plan this time. Our mistake was running in blind, we need to be more methodical."

   Alex sat on the bed next to her, holding onto her hand. "Kara, can we just slow down a minute. Why are you so dead set on getting Lex and getting him right now?"

   "Because if we don't get him, and soon, I'll never have my future with Lena. We'll never have kids, Hope and Olive, or Hope and John." J'onn looked up at hearing his own name, suddenly confused. "I saw my perfect future Alex, not a fantasy future where none of this ever happens, but a future that holds actual possibility. A future that I can actually have. I used to think I wasn't cut out for love, because I was a superhero, and superheroes don't get the guy, or the girl." She paused for a beat, catching her breath, "now I know better, I know that there is more to this life than criminals and fighting crime. We need love too." 

   The room fell silent. J'onn leaned back into his chair, staring at Kara, reflecting on his own life. Alex held onto Kara's hand, tighter than before, so thankful for this wonderful person in her life. She was thinking about Kelly.

   Suddenly the sound of the door opening cut through the silence, and Kara turned to see Brainy's green complexion indicating a lack of an image inducer. "I heard you called for some backup on your infinite quest to take down Lex Luthor once and for all." Brainy didn't pause for breath.

   "Brainy!" Kara exclaimed, jumping up from her spot on the bed to wrap him in a hasty embrace. "Thank you for coming, you have no idea what this means to me!" When Kara finally pulled away, Brainy looked frazzled, smoothing out his clothes.

   "This has always been a matter of utmost importance, but may I ask why the sudden sense of urgency?"

    Kara slumped back into her spot on the bed next to Alex, who launched into an explanation, "Kara went into her dreamscape 12 hours ago, you remember, you were here."

   Brainy nodded, but Kara cut in, "12 hours! I was gone for 12 hours? Who's with Lena, when is she coming home? Crap!" There was a sudden sense of panic that washed over her, when she realized she had been out so long. To her it only felt like minutes, a short conversation that couldn't have been more than an hour, if that.

   "Lena is coming home tomorrow." Even though Kara asked the question to Alex, it was Brainy who answered, "Nia is with her, and I just came from there. J'onn and Alex had refused to leave your side, although I still can't seem to comprehend why, I told them that there was nothing they could do."

   Alex gave a soft chuckle, "We wanted to be there for her Brainy, we were just trying to be supportive."

   "Oh, so this presence of people that care about the ill person is an earth costume." He said it more like an observation than a question.

   "Yes... Did they not do that in the future?"

   "No, we just used the tank's healing properties. It was generally a quick recovery so we just let them be."

   "Okay then," Kara changed the subject. "When I was in this dreamscape I saw a possible future, a future that I want, but Lex Luthor is the thing stopping me from getting that future. Alex is back at one hundred percent, and we can't wait for Nia to get a kidney transplant and she's not field ready. Nothing is going to change any time soon, we're as prepared as we're going to get. We need to act now, while we may still have the element of surprise."

"Okay, So Kara do you have a plan?" She launched into it. Sitting on the bed, with Alex by her side, J'onn sitting across from her, and Brainy standing with his arms folded, Kara laid out every step and detail. She finally figured, after months of thinking about it at night, that she had accounted for everything, she had figured out how to account for everything that could go wrong.

   "That actually seems like it could work," Brainy pondered for a moment, calculating the odds in his head, "As long as we do everything that we're supposed to, the plan has a 93.2% chance of success."

   "That's pretty good!" Kara said, hope swelling in her voice.

   "If we do everything right," Alex repeated.

   "We've got this. I would trust everyone here with my life."

    "Kara has a point, Alex, we're never going to be more prepared than this." J'onn said.

    "I know."