33

Three knocks sounded on my office door, distracting me from the designs that I had been flipping through. "Yes?" I called out.

"It's Emery," my PA answered.

"Come in," I invited her as I shifted my attention to the door. She entered with three men behind her. One carried a large bouquet of my favorite flowers, the other carried Edible Arrangements, and the last carried a violin. "What's all of this?" I frowned.

Emery answered, "I received a call from a Damien Castle saying that he was your fiancé. He informed me that he'd be sending three men to deliver you something and to keep it as a surprise. We made sure they passed through security before allowing them up."

The guy with the violin then began playing before the guy with the flowers walked over to me and placed the flowers on my desk. I read the card that came with the flowers and smiled.

Hey gorgeous,
Just wanted to put an extra smile on your face and wish you the best of luck with today's meeting. You're brilliant, confident, and creative, and I know you'll crush this meeting! Can't wait to hear all about it when we get home. P.S: I love you!
- Damien

I smiled even wider as I pressed the letter into my chest.

The guy with the Edible Arrangements placed the food down on my desk before giving me a gentle smile and leaving behind the guy that brought the flowers.

"Do you have any song preference, ma'am?" the violinist asked. "If not, I'll continue playing random songs for the next hour."

"I'm fine with any song," I replied as I sat and unwrapped my food.

Emery then dismissed herself, and the violinist continued playing songs to keep me from worrying about the meeting I'd have an hour from now. I would be meeting with a few people interested in investing in my company today, and I was glad that Damien not only remembered that I would, but also sent some things to keep me pacified.

Not knowing if Damien was doing something at work, I opted to send a text thanking him as opposed to calling. I planned to call whenever he was free to talk and thank him once again.

Later that day

I turned the knob to the house door and entered the house. Immediately, I was hit with a minty peppermint scent when the door opened, and I hummed in delight. Peppermint scented candles decorate the mini table in the form of a heart, and on the ground was a trail of rose petals that led up the stairs. I followed the trail to my room and opened the door. The petals continued to lead me to my bathroom, which was a bit steamy and peppermint scented as well. Damien smiled as he took in my sight and asked, "How did the meeting go?" He then turned off the water in my tub, which he had also decorated with a few petals. He also had a few boxes of chocolates beside the tub, along with a bottle of champagne and two glasses.

"Great!" I smiled. "Wow, this is the sweetest thing ever!" He smiled while walking to me and took my bag and coat off.

"I'll be back. You can head in the tub when you're ready," he replied before smooching my forehead, and I blushed while nodding. When he left, I stripped and entered the tub. The water was nice and warm, a huge difference from outside, which was freezing. He then entered the bathroom again and asked, "Do you wanna listen to music or anything?" I shook my head. "How was your day?"

"Very special," I sweetly replied. "Thank you so much for earlier and this."

He smiled and nodded, "You're welcome. I'm glad everything was a success."

"What is Aurora up to?" I questioned out of curiosity. The house was so quiet.

He answered, "She's sleeping already. I made pasta for dinner. When you're ready to eat, let me know and I'll bring you up a plate."

"Okay, thanks," I smiled. "Are you staying here with me?"

"If you want me to," he replied while waiting in place for my answer.

"Yeah," I nodded. "Do you wanna join too?"

Damien frowned, "Are you joking?" I shook my head with a frown on my face. "Imma decline either way. I don't need you trynna tease me again."

"I won't," I promised.

He shook his head, "Imma still pass on the offer. I'll stay to keep your company, though."

"Okay," I nodded. "How was your day?"

"A bit stressful, actually," he answered, causing me to frown in worry.

"How so?" I asked.

He sighed, "Just some things having to do with Carson. I have a lot of meetings coming up and gotta work out an effective business strategy for the company."

"As my dad's daughter, I shouldn't be telling you this, but I hope you figure things out and come up with something soon," I replied. It was hard talking to Damien about this because the company he worked for was my dad's biggest rival. At the same time, Damien was someone I cared about. "Would you ever consider working for my-"

"I'm flattered, but no," he shook his head. "No offense, by the way."

I frowned, "What's wrong with my company?"

"Nothing," he shook his head. "I support your company and think it's doing really great. I just wouldn't want to work for you."

"Why not?" I asked. "If I were in your shoes, you'd offer for me to work for you, wouldn't you?"

"Yeah, but-" he got out before I cut him off.

"So why can't you work for me?" I asked.

"Cause no," he shook his head. "It just doesn't sit right with me. I know you're probably thinking it's a pride issue. Honestly, it is. I don't wanna be knowing that my girl is putting money in my pocket at the end of the day. I don't need you putting money in my pocket."

I rolled my eyes, "I guess."

"I know me working for Nickolas' rival company puts you in a tough situation," he sighed. "I failed to consider how my choice would impact the relationship you and your dad have. I chose to work for Carson for several reasons though, and I don't plan on quitting just yet."

"Okay," I replied as I turned my back to him.

"Don't be like that," he said, and I heard as his footsteps got closer to me. "It's not just a simple A or B decision. I got other things to consider."

"Like?" I asked as I turned to face him again.

He sighed, "You wouldn't understand."

"Then help me to," I encouraged, but he shook his head.

"Can we just change the subject please?" he asked as he sat in front the tub.

"Fine."