Chapter 12

"Julie come here." Caleb demanded. Julie turned to look at Caleb, and something in his eyes let her know that he thought she was still under his control. That gave her an idea. She began walking to Caleb trying her best to wipe emotion from her features.

The boys were exchanging worried glances back and forth unsure of wether Julie had broken Calebs control.  Luke narrowed his eyes at Julie,  she just had to hope he could tell she was in control.

"I have been waiting for this moment for quite sometime now."  Caleb flicked his fingers at the wall behind the boys, and a beam of light shot at the wall.  "Just testing it out.  So who's up first?" Caleb smiled cruelly.

Julie looked between each of the boys and realized that none of them had a plan. 

"No ones going to volunteer?"  Caleb laughed.  "Well then I'll just have to pick for myself."  The next second was a blur as Caleb began to flick his fingers at the boys, and Julie pushed his arm, causing him to miss.

"What on earth?" Caleb asked momentarily shocked.   He seemed to snap himself out of it quick. "You surprise me once again Julie Molina.  But this time you won't get in my way!" He began firing streams of light at the boys, who were constantly poofing to different spots to avoid Calebs attacks.

Julie moved towards Caleb once again, but was launched back by an invisible force.  It knocked her across the stage into the piano.

"Julie!" She heard someone shout.  Her head was spinning and her vision was blurry.

"You have had your fun boys." Caleb said, before teleporting them in front of him. "But you will never beat me I am far too powerful."  Julie pushed herself off the ground, eyes focused on the boys huddled together on the floor.

"Then why are you so scared of us!" Luke yelled.  "Are you afraid that we have the ability to become powerful?"

"I am not scared of children!" Caleb snarled, he flicked his fingers at the boys, and before the beam could hit them someone jumped in front of it.  Instead of absorbing the light it seemed to bounce off them, right back to Caleb.  The next second was filled with confusion as Caleb collapsed and the boys rushed to help Julie who lay unmoving on the ground in front of them.

"Julie? Julie can you hear me?" Alex said as he cradled her head, Reggie and Luke were on either side of her holding her hands.  She didn't respond though her chest still moved up and down.

"Guys! We need to get out of here now." Willie shouted. He was standing over Calebs figure on the ground.  "I think somehow Julie being a lifer allowed her to reflect his power back at him.  But he won't be out for long."  Willie rushed over to the guys, and put a hand on Reggies shoulder.  "We need to concentrate really hard in order to get Julie back with us."  They all took a deep breath and focused all there energy before poofing back to the studio.

They were still in the same position on the floor, the boys watching Julie helplessly.

"Come on Jules!" Luke said.  "We need you."  He looked down at his hand entwined with hers.  "I need you." He mumbled under his breath.  After another minute of worry, Julies eyes began to flutter open.  She squinted up at them.

"Jules, Julie it's okay we got you back." Luke assured.

Julie eased herself, and looked around at each boy with wide eyes.  Luke furrowed his brow in concern.  Then she began to speak.

"Who- who are you?"

———————————————————————————

Ahhh I'm sorry that was a big cliff hanger.  But I can't make things that easy😂. And I love a good slow burn relationship.