Dishes And Hair Grease

Y/n started to help her dad clear up when she said "Hey, Dad
Dally and a couple of his friends are going to the drive in later, and I thought it would be nice to know people before school on Monday ,"

"Well I'm not sure," he replied.

"Dad please, I will do the dishes for a week," y/n practically begged.

"Ok, ok but be home before 11" he agreed.

"Thank you," she said. She then hugged him, finished the dishes and ran upstairs.

Y/n hadn't been to a movie in months and was excited to see one. Then she thought of Ponyboy and that only made the feeling grow. He's been secretly been running around her mind all day.

____________________
PONYBOYS POV
=================

It was just after 7 and y/n said that she would meet us at my house at 7:30
Man, I'm real nervous.

Soda says that one day you just start noticing girls and man, did I notice her. She was beautiful. I can't tell Dally that I like her. He's her cousin and I could tell from when they walked in the Lot that they were close.

I came out of the shower, put on way more hair grease than usual out of nervousness and when I came out of the bathroom Soda was lying on our bed.

"Leave some grease for the rest of us, huh. Hey, what's up? He asked curiously.

"It's just y/n, she is real pretty and she will be there. I am going to make a fool out of myself man," I replied my head hung.

"No, your not. Pone, you are real charmin' and from what I heard she has a thing for you too so don't worry," he reassured his brother

"What! Who told you that?" I asked now sitting on the end of the bed listening attentively my cheecks burned as red as fire.

"Two-bit said that she was staring at you when y'all were at the Lot earlier" he said and walked out of the room to pick Sandy up for his date.

Needless to say that spiked his confidence.