Beach Day- Luke Skywalker

"I don't understand why you like to lay in that stuff," Luke commented with a furrowed brow

I opened my eyes- squinting because of the bright sunlight- and I looked up at him. "It's relaxing," I answered.

I lay on my back on the sandy beach. The ocean was several feet in front of me. The sound of waves hitting the beach could lull me to sleep if I let it.

"But sand is itchy." Luke finally plopped down next to me.

I chuckled. "Well I didn't grow up on Tatooine. Sand doesn't bother me."

"Well it should," he responded, almost pouting.

Laughing, I grabbed him by the arm and pulled him down so he was laying next to me. He scrunched up his nose, but made no effort to resist.

All was quiet for a moment and I started to think that maybe he was relaxing.

"I still think sand is itchy," he said, breaking the silence.

"Then next time you can pick out our vacation spot," I replied. I closed my eyes and sighed softly. When I suggested we go to a planet with beaches, I hadn't known Luke was so temperamental about sand.

However, I couldn't blame him. Growing up on Tatooine would make anyone hate sand.

My eyes shot open and I sat up. "I know what we can do."

Beside me, Luke sat up as well. He took a moment to dust the sand off his back and out of his hair before responding. "What is it?"

I quickly got to my feet and took his hand, pulling him up as well and guiding him towards the waves. There was a gentle tug on my arm so I turned to look back at him.

Luke had a very flustered expression on his face and he couldn't quite meet my eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked in confusion.

"I can't swim," he finally admitted.

I should have known as much. I sighed softly and continued my walk to the water, still dragging him with me. "Don't worry, we won't go very far."

Despite my reassurance, he seemed hesitant to step into the ocean. But once his feet were in, a bright smile appeared on his face.

His expression made me smile as well. I couldn't help but find him adorable.

I released his hand and waded a little further out into the water. Eventually, Luke joined me into the waist-high water.

"Maybe the beach isn't so bad," he told me with a smile.

~~~~
Thank you all so much for reading! Don't forget to leave a vote or comment if you enjoyed. I love getting feedback.

Random question: what is your lightsaber color?

Mine is orange!

Also, how would you feel about a new cover? Or do you like this one?