The Saddest Day- Finn

I stepped into the hot stream of water pouring from the shower head and breathed out a small sigh

I stepped into the hot stream of water pouring from the shower head and breathed out a small sigh. The warmth helped to ease the pain in my back, which had been growing over the past few weeks.

Making a child was no easy task. At twenty weeks pregnant, I had a noticeable bump. It was hard to believe it would keep getting bigger.

I shampooed my hair and rinsed it out, loving the floral scent. I leaned down and reached for the conditioner when a pain shot through my lower abdomen.

I gasped and stood up straight, thinking I had just stretched too far. Deep breaths, I told myself. The sudden urge to vomit took over and I found myself puking onto the shower floor. I watched as my dinner was washed down the drain.

The water began to turn red at my feet.

My body shaking, I looked at my legs. Blood was running down my left leg and traveling into the water.

"Finn!" I screeched. I felt another wave of pain in my abdomen and winced. "Finn!"

I heard the bathroom door open and footsteps. I could see his silhouette through the shower curtain.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Finn asked. His voice was laced with a mixture of fear and concern.

I yanked the shower curtain aside. "We need to get to the hospital," I choked out through my sobs.

He reacted quickly, helping me out of the shower and drying me off. I dressed in a simple cotton gown and we were off.

————

I laid on the hospital bed and stared up at the white ceiling. There was no sound but the beeping of the heart monitor that was attached to me. My cheeks were stained with dried tears.

Finn sat in the chair right beside the bed, his head in his hands.

It had been an hour. And nothing.

I had delivered our son into the world at just twenty weeks. I had seen him for just a moment before the nurse droids and doctors ran out with him. The only thing they had told us was that it was a boy.

A beautiful boy.

Another hour passed and the doctor finally came in. I lifted my head, eyes full of hope as I prayed for good news.

Finn rose from his chair and stared at the doctor. "Well? Is he okay? What happened?"

The doctor released a heavy sigh. His expression was grim. "I'm sorry..."

The rest of his words were a blur. My head fell back onto the pillow and I stared blankly at the ceiling, half in a daze.

They cleared me to go home a few hours later.

I got to hold my son for a few minutes.

————

I laid on my stomach, buried underneath a mountain of pillows and blankets. Finn had taken me home and carried my into the house.

He was beside me now, crying silently just as I was.

I reached out for him and found the fabric of his shirt. I tugged him close and finally released heavy sobs. "I-I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

My entire body shook and I felt him taking me into his strong arms.

I felt his lips against my cheek and his tears falling onto my skin.

"It's not your fault, honey," he whispered hoarsely. "It's not your fault."

~~~
Not all of these imagines are going to be happy, but I promise there will be plenty of happy ones.

Today's question: What are your thoughts on the sequels?

I admit, they have some problems, but I enjoy them for the most part

All Star Wars is good Star Wars.