Dance With Me- Anakin Skywalker

I walked through the ballroom with a glass of champagne in my hand

I walked through the ballroom with a glass of champagne in my hand. My blue dress trailed along the floor behind me.

The senate often hosted these parties to encourage communication and friendships between its members

The senate often hosted these parties to encourage communication and friendships between its members. Senators could bring their close friends or family members with them.

While not a senator myself, I was close friends with Padmé Amidala so she had extended me an invitation.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see her, looking as beautiful as ever in her purple dress.

"Thank you so much for inviting me, Padmé," I said with a smile. I looked around the elaborately decorated room once more. "This place is beautiful." Large glass windows covered every wall and the night sky outside was beautiful. A crystal chandelier hung from the ceiling and it reflected the light from the candles perfectly.

"You're very welcome, Y/N," Padmé replied. She smiled back and gently squeezed my hand. "What kind of friend would I be if I didn't invite you to a party?"

I chuckled lightly. "I would have hated to miss this." While the discussions seemed to revolve around politics, the food was good and so was the music.

"Padmé!" A voice cheerfully exclaimed.

I turned my head to see an attractive young man fast approaching us, his eyes locked onto my friend. He had short brown hair and a long braid, giving away his padawan status.

I hadn't noticed any other Jedi at the party, but I wasn't surprised that there was at least one there. I'm sure more were around.

"Ani." Padmé smiled and greeted the young man with a hug. "It's been too long since I've seen you."

I stood quietly as the two engaged in excited conversation. Padmé spoke of him often and I could tell that they were good friends.

"Would you introduce me to your friend?" The padawan asked. His eyes finally met mine and it sent my heart racing.

"Of course," the senator responded. "Anakin, this is Y/N. She's a dear friend of mine. We grew up together on Naboo. Y/N, this is Anakin Skywalker."

I held out my hand, intending to shake his, but I was surprised when he took my hand gently and kissed it instead. The spot where his lips brushed against my skin tingled.

"It's good to meet you," Anakin said as he straightened himself.

"It's good to meet you too. Padmé has already told me a lot about you," I replied. I was grinning from ear to ear now. Something told me that Anakin and I would get along very well.

Bail Organa approached us as well. "Senator Amidala, would you like to dance?" He extended a hand to the young woman.

Padmé graciously accepted and the two walked off together.

I suddenly felt very awkward standing there with someone I had only just met.

"Dance with me," he said.

I looked up at him, a little flustered. "What?"

"Dance with me." Anakin smiled in a charming manner and held out his arm for me to take.

"I would love to." I looped my arm through his and followed him out to the center of the room where many people were already dancing to the music.

He took his hand in mine and placed his other hand on my waist. I rested my spare hand on his shoulder and together we danced to the soft music that was playing.

His soft blue eyes stared back into my e/c ones and if he hadn't been a Jedi, I would have thought he was interested in me.

But for a moment I forgot he was a Jedi and I desperately wished that he would be interested in me.

~~~
Here's a cute Anakin Skywalker for y'all. I hope you enjoyed. Leave a vote if you did.

I have lots more chapters planned and ideas for imagines. Every vote and comment keeps me motivated.

My question today: Why do you think Stormtroopers have such awful aim?

I know there's a lot of debate going on around about this so I'm curious to hear your thoughts.