|7|

Sunset☆

Shuichi's POV

My eyes flutterd open as I sat up trying to wake up. I looked next to me only to realize that Oma-kun was sleeping quietly. It startled me at first but I warm up to it. I look out the window of the small corner we were in to a sunset with beautiful purples the same color as Kokichi's bright, vibrant eyes. I turn back to Oma not wanting to wake him up, I pulled out my book and turn to chapter 5 and continue reading until he woke up.

As I neared the end of my current chapter I herd pages being turned. I picked up my head and saw Oma-kun flipping through the pages in one of his comic books. He turned to look at me with a bright smile.

"Ah, your awake now Oma-kun. Sorry I didn't get you up sooner, I didn't wanna wake you.."

"Nah it's fine I don't really care.....what time is it?" Oma-kun questioned.

I looked out the window once again. "Its sunset."

"Well then we better get going! I bet your stinky friends are worried that I brutal murdered you!"

I spoke up and said "well we also can't miss dinner.."

"Yea, that too."

As he said that I herd a discomfort in his voice. He pulled me up off the floor of the library we were sitting in and grabbed our books and started dragging me to what I thought was going to be the dinning hall.

As we got to the door of the dinning hall I herd the voices of my busy classmates inside. I expected Oma-kun to stop but he continued walking. He pulled on my hand as we continued to walk past the dinning hall.

"O-Oma-kun! We just pasted the dinning hall!"

"Oh I know!"

Kokichi's POV

"Saihara-chan, hurry up!"

"W-where are we going!?!?"

 I honestly didn't know where we were going, As long as it wasn't the dinning hall it was fine.

"For once I actually miss being in my own body..."

There were several doors coming up. I couldn't quite remember which doors were whitch except for the big wide door leading out to the court yard.

"Maybe for an excuse I could show Saihara-Chan the sunset.."

I decided to settle on that. Saihara-Chan and I continued down the hall way until we reached the wide door to the court yard.

"Oma-kun could you please tell me where we're going, I'm hungry."

"I thought we might as well watch the sun finnish setting! Its normally prettiest around this time!"

I saw his face soften into a small smile.

"Well if you told me we were doing that I wouldn't have been as hesitant.."

"Well to bad! I just like being a pain in the butt and making things difficult!"

"At least your aware.."

I laughed at the last thing Saihara-Chan said. I held his hand and I opened the door and we walked out.

The color of the sky was beautiful shades of pinks and purples. Even though we were stuck in such a miserable place looking at the sky seemed to make it better. I glanced over at Saihara-Chan as he looked at the sky.

☆Shuichi's POV

Oma-kun and I stood there for another twenty minutes. It felt oddly nice when it was just the two of us. The sun had fully set and now we were just watching the stars appear in the night sky. I noticed I was still holding Kokichi's hand but I didn't feel like letting go.

The past few days I had felt exhausted and frustrated because of the situation we were all in but this day seemed to make up for it. It was a simple feeling but it was hard to describe. It wasn't the events that made the day so special, it was Oma.

Before all this happened Oma just seemed to stick out to me as an impulsive liar that only ever wanted to cause chaos but getting to spend time with him today kinda changed my views...

"Hey Oma-kun?"

"Hm?"

"I enjoyed my time with you today, thank you."

"No problem! I'd say I enjoyed myself but then I would be lying! Or maybe that was a lie?"

"Good, it seems we both had a lot of fun."

" Would you like to go grab dinner Oma-kun?"

"Nah I'm to tireddddd. Anyway good night!"

"W-wait! At least let me walk you to your dorm!"

"What? Like at the end of a date?"

I felt my face heat up. "N-no! Not like that! J-just a thank you for such a nice day..."

"Nishishi why not!"

He gave me a generous smile and grabbed my hand as we started walking back inside. As we walked to the dorm rooms we continued to talk.

"Are you sure your not hungry Oma-kun? Cause if you'd like I can run back and get you something."

"I really am fine Saihara-Chan! Promise I'm not lying!"

"That's a first...I was only asking because I saw you picking at your food this morning..."

"I was just tired! I ended up eating all my food when I woke up a bit more!"

"You promise?"

"Pinky promise!"

The walk after that was quite with just a little chit chat here and there. We passed some of our exhausted friends wishing them a good night's sleep. We made it to the dorms.

"Do you want to sleep in my dorm or your dorm?" Oma-kun asked.

"Its probably smarter to sleep in your room since it has all your uniforms and pajamas. I mean I wouldn't want to have to go between rooms just to get dressed."

"Good point! Anyway thank you for walking me tonight Saihara-Chan! adieu my dearest Saihara and sweet dreams!"

"Wait!" I slid my foot between the door before it closed.

"Would you like to hang out again tomorrow?"

"I think that would be delightful.."

•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆

•Total word count : 1,015•