|17|

Preparation

Shuichi's POV

We patiently waited for Kokichi to open the door. Maki and Kaito had come to get me just a few minutes earlier and then they dragged me here. We finally heard the door unlock and open as Kokichi stepped out from behind. His under eyes were red as if he was crying. That probably was the case though.

Kaito started chatting with him as we walked down to the dining hall. I tried to analyze his expressions but he wasn't letting his mask slip in the slightest. It was very obvious something was off but Kokichi would probably never let me find out. He was very secretive and he didn't like trusting people no matter what relationship he had with them.

I glanced back over at him. He didn't seem to he listening to Kaito. He faced the ground as he walked and only shook his head to reply. He kept using the excuse 'I just woke up' for his red eyes and short responses.

We made it to the dinning hall and Kaito held the door open for us as we walked through. It was empty except for Korekiyo and Angie at the table.

"Yahoo!" Angie greeted us.

Oh uh, Hi Angie and Korekiyo.."

"Kehkeh..what an exciting group of people approaching us.."

"Heya Kork buddy we just came to make lunch and stuff..." Kaito said nervously.

"Isn't it a bit early for lunch? Atua says that 12 o'clock is the best time as the food taste just the best!"

"We were just going to have a picnic in the garden. Nothing more." Maki said harshly.

"Oh well have fun Nyahaha!"

We continued past them and into the kitchen. It was very spacious and everything was stalked up.

"Ok! Listen up sidekicks! Maki, you go make you cake while Shuichi and Kokichi go make the sandwiches!"

"Uh huh but what will you be doing space dork?"

"Oh me? I'll be making my best batch of lemonade!"

That settled it. We all went to separate countertops and started. Kokichi and I were farthest away from Maki and Kaito so I thought soon I could bring up earlier.

We started putting together sandwiches in silence. Every once in a while I glanced at Kokichi as he cut the sandwiches in half, occasionally cutting the crust off of some of them.

"Hey...Kokichi.."

He stopped and placed the knife down, looking at me.

"Are you doing alright? You really have been off all day. I'm a bit worried.."

"I'm fine, really."

"Kokichi please you don't have to lie to me anymore.."

"I'm just tired, Nothing more!"

Maki and Kaito seemed distracted while they did their own thing. I quickly grabbed kokichi's arm and led him out of the dinning room without anyone noticing.

"Kokichi theres obviously something wrong! Why won't you tell me?"

"..."

"Kokichi...please I'll listen.."

"Why are you always so persistent?! It doesn't matter anymore! Just forget it, I'm fine now!"

"No I won't forget it! Somethings obviously bothering you!"

"It's nothing, I'm fine I'm just tired ok? Why can't you just stop bothering me about it?"

"Because I care alright? I've been worried about you since this morning.."

Kokichi's POV

I didn't really want to tell him what was actually going on. I didn't want to bother him more than I have so i had to lie to him once again.

"Fine whatever...I'm just stressed about the game alright!? Having to worry about seeing a dead body around every corner isn't exactly healthy you know?"

That wasn't exactly a lie but it's not what was bothering me the most.

"Are you sure that's all...?"

"Of course it is, what else could there be?"

He stood silent for a minute, fidgeting with the uniform.

"You..don't want the motive to end do you?"

Why does he keep figuring this stuff out?! I'm not telling him for a reason!"

"Or you just don't want to get better after this motives over...I'm right aren't I.."

"...what if I told you that you're right? Wouldn't you be mad or disappointed?

"No I wouldn't...I'd understand, I can't imagine how hard this might be for you especially with everything else building up."

"Nishishi I guess you got me Shuichi! I'm sorry.."

Shuichi gently pulled me into a tight hug. It was warm and welcoming, he didn't seem upset or anything. I melted into the hug, wrapping my arms around him and placing my head on his shoulder.

Before we could say anything else we heard footsteps coming towards the door. We separated just as Kaito opened the door.

"Hey! Where did you guys go?"

"Oh uh, we were going to go find a picnic blanket and basket.." Shuichi lied.

"Oh ok! That's a good idea! I'll finish the sandwich for you guys then!"

With that Kaito went back in and we had something new to do. We didn't exactly know where to find what we needed so we headed towards the Wearhouse.

•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•

•Total word count : 837•