|13|

☆Midnight Waltz

Kokichi's POV

"Sure..sounds nice!"

I gripped Shuichi's hand as we left towards the court yard. It was a bit chilly despite us being stuck inside a glass dome. Unlike the other night It was dark out except for the small lights hidden along the paths. It was empty as everyone had most likely gone to their dorms. No one in sight, just..us.

We found a nice area hidden by overgrown bushes and trees. It had a nice veiw of the sky outside the dome. We both sat down and leaned agenst one of the trees. As I looked around I noticed the area had many different kinds of weeds, vines and flowers growing around. One of the flowers I spotted was small and yellow just like the one I gave to my Dearest Saihara.

"Are you okay Kokichi?"

I look over to see Saihara. "Yeah I'm fine, thank you for inviting me out!"

"Oh uh your welcome, I didn't really just want to sit in the dorms for the night so I thought this would be nice..."

"Well I'm happy! I might have died of boredom if I were forced to sit in that underwhelming room of your nishishi!"

"Haha yeah..."

"What's wrong my dearest Saihara? Your not getting sick are you?!"

"Huh! Oh no it's nothing I was just thinking about a conversation I had at dinner."

"Hm? Wassss it a bad conversation? I can't imagine it being bad as you were with Maki and Kaito.."

"No it was a nice one...ah I'm proud of you! I saw you eating most of your food and dessert.."

"Oh yeah, I was kinda focused on something different so I was just kinda shoving food into my mouth without be aware..."

"Well I'm just glad you ate something!" Shuichi said happily.

We sat in silence for a a bit as we studied the stars. They seemed so artificial and bright it was kinda hard to enjoy them. The sky was an array of dark blues and purples but the brightness of the stars seemed to make the purples brighter.

I enjoyed my time with Saihara as he has only managed to make my days less miserable. All I had ever wanted was his love and affection and I finally got it.

We both looked upon the stars and moon together enjoying the presence of the other. We layed on the grass with our arms around each other enjoying the tender touch. The only thing you could hear in the silence was our breathing. Time had passed as we just stared into the dark sky.