|11|

Those three words☆

Shuichi's POV

I had ran down the halls as I realized I was about to be late to breakfast. When I got there and opened the door it was completely empty except for...Kokichi. He didn't notice me for a few minutes as he seemed focused on something. When he finally looked over at me he looked away and hid his face.

I went to sit down across from Kokichi. His expressions were so mixed I couldn't tell what he was feeling. He tapped on the table nervously.

"I'm so sorry I'm late Kokichi, Kaito had stopped me in the hall to talk."

"It's fine, I was starting to think I was going to get to skip if you didn't show up!"

I ignored that last remark.

"Have you already thought about what you wanted to...eat..?"

"Oh right, and here I thought this would be a pleasant date!"

"D-date!?"

"Nishishi cool it, I'm just messing with you..!"

I sighed as I thought about what I wanted to eat. I thought for a minute while I waited for Kokichi to decide.

"I'll just have a bowl of oatmeal. Nice and simple. " Kokichi claimed.

"O-oh uh I guess, I don't know waffles sound good..."

...

We sat there with our food. I took a few bites of my waffles while Kokichi just picked at his meal with disgust. It was visibly miserable for him. I felt awful as I wished I could do more. Then he lifted his spoon and brought it to his mouth.

Kokichi's POV

I felt so disgusted. The smell of the oatmeal was almost to much for me let alone the taste. I brought the spoon to my mouth and my hand trembled. I then put it in my mouth. I started chewing and I hated it. I brought my shaking hands to cover my mouth. I felt like I was going to vomit.

I finally swallowed after five minutes of chewing on the same small bite. I felt so revolting and nauseous. I felt a few small tears run down my face. I then felt Shuichi grab my hand.

"I'm proud of you Kokichi."

"Proud of you."

Those three words. A few more tears were shed. I decided to try taking a slightly bigger bite. I picked up my spoon once more. I brought it to my mouth and I...dropped it. I couldn't do it. The idea sickened me. I held my breath as I tried not to break down again.

Shuichi tried to calm me down but it didn't help. I felt angry. Not at Shuichi but my self for being such a let down. I pushed him away. I got out of my chair and I started heading for the door but I stopped.

I started crying again. I felt awful. I let him down. He wanted to help me and I couldn't do it. I felt arms wrap around me. They pulled me into a hug.

I cried into Shuichi's shoulder as my self pity welled up.

Why did I have to be so disappointing?

"I-I'm sorry I let you down.."

"You didn't let me down.., I'm still proud of you and I always will be. I promise."

I stood back and stared down at Shuichi only to see myself. I felt my heart break. I looked down and see myself staring back, tears start to well up in my eyes as I finally see what I've done. I finally noticed what Shuichi saw. I was thin and fragile and I looked like I could be snapped in half. I looked so tired and pale. I start to cry once more. I don't understand what's gotten into me.

Maybe I've started to spill over my top. I couldn't do it anymore. I'm just an emotional wreck. I cried because I see how I really am. I cried because of what I've put my dearest Shuichi through. I cried because I wanted to get better but I...couldn't do it.

I wipe my tears as I asked one more thing.

"Shuichi...why are you so proud of me when all I've done is give up...?"

He stood there staring me right in the eyes, holding my hands tied within his. A gentle smile bestowed upon the face.

"Its because I love you.."

Those three words.

•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•☆•

•Total word count : 731•