𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

It was now around 9. Erwin stopped by earlier to give Levi more paperwork and he was still working on it. He had brought you breakfast earlier and had placed it on his desk. You were still sleeping, but it was time for you to get up, he had let you sleep longer than usual, because of your nightmare earlier so you could rest. He stood up and picked up the tray, walking to his bedroom.

He quietly pushed the the door open, left it open behind him and went in. He placed the tray on the nightstand and sat down on the bed, waking you up.

"(Y/n) wake up."

You groaned and turned away from him, snuggling further under the covers. Levi rolled his eyes at you, even though you couldn't see him and shook you again, a bit harder this time. "Come on, wake up brat." finally you woke up and sat up, rubbing your eyes while letting out a yawn.

"Well, good morning sleepyhead."

You made eye contact with him and wished him a good morning as well.

"Here, eat this and get ready."

You nodded and he left the room, going back to do his work.

-

After you finished eating you went into the bathroom to got ready. When you had done that too, you made the bed and left the room. Levi was sitting in his chair, scribbling stuff down on the paper stack in front of him. He dropped the pen and leaded back in the chair, massaging his eyes with his thumb and pointer finger— he was clearly exhausted, but pushed himself nonetheless. He didn't even noticed you walking in. You furrowed your eyebrows and walked up to him, stopping behind him.

"Hey, are you okay?" You asked and he took his hand from his face, tilting his head back to look at you. You smiled softly down at him and waited for him to answer. But he didn't. Only now could you see how tired he looked, he had dark circles under his eyes that you couldn't miss. You laid your hands on his shoulders and he looked at you confused.

"What do you think you're doin-?"

"Shhh, relax."

You put a little pressure on his shoulders and started to knead your fingers into them. He groaned and let his eyes flutter shut when he felt his knots loosen from his tensed muscles as you worked your fingers into his shoulder blades. Every now and then he hissed at the pain, but relaxed soon after. He slumped back into the chair and sighed in relief.

You did this for a few minutes until your hands started to become sore and stopped. Levi let out a sigh, his eyes remained close. "Levi? Are you okay?" You asked again and he opened his eyes, nodding.

"Yeah, thanks."

You knew he was lying, he was exhausted and needed rest. He went to grab the pen again, but you beat him to it. He reached for the pen, but you kept it out of his reach. He tried a few more times, but eventually gave up and sighed. "What the hell do you want? I told you, I'm fine." You could tell he was annoyed, but you couldn't care less.

You rolled your eyes at him. "You're clearly not fine Levi, don't lie to me. You're sitting here all day, not even standing up to take a piss-"

"That's not true."

"-ugh, you know what I mean. You need to take a break Levi." This time he was the one who rolled his eyes.

"It's my job, (Y/n). It's not like I have a choice here,"

He ran a hand through his hair.

"so if you were so kind, could you please give me back my pen so I can finish? Because unfortunately, without a pen it doesn't work so stop the childish attitude and give it back already." He held his hand out in front of him, gesturing you to give him back his pen, but you didn't wanted to gave in just yet.