𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

⚠️ Trigger warning ⚠️
(Violence at the end of the Chapter)

Levi went to bed not long after you did, but he just laid there on his back, starring up at the ceiling. He couldn't sleep. You were next to him deep asleep. He turned his head around so he was looking at you and smiled. You mouth was slightly opened, as always when you were asleep, and tiny snores came out. You were...

beautiful.

Not only when you were sleeping, but in so many other ways. You were perfect to him. Every time you would smile or talk, warmth would fill his heart. He knew that once he saw you again, those feelings for you from the past would come back. You had him wrapped around your little finger, he would do anything to make you happy, he would die for you if it meant to protect you. He sighed and turned back to look at the ceiling, trying to stop these thoughts and let sleep overtake him.

-

Levi was a light sleeper, that's why he immediately noticed that something was wrong with you. You were moving from left to right and your breathing quickened. Levi turned to you and saw how much you were sweating. 'Another nightmare.' He sat up and laid his hand on your cheek, wiping away the tears that were rolling down your face. Your breath hitched the moment his hand made contact with your skin and your eyes shoot open.

"Hey, it's me."

He gave you a small smile and laid back down. He opened his arms, you didn't wasted a moment and immediately crawled over to him. With your head on his shoulder and your hand clenching the front of his shirt, he ran one of his hands through your (H/l) (H/c) hair and with the other on he held you tight against him.

"Was it the same nightmare again?"

You nodded slowly against his shoulder and as he ran his fingers through your hair, your breathing returned back to normal and he could feel you relaxing against him.

"Go back to sleep." Levi muttered against your hair and you tighten your grip on his shirt.

"W-will you stay here?" You sounded hesitant and your voice was still a bit shaky. He nodded and kissed the side of your head tenderly. Of course he would stay, he would never let you alone again. Never. You meant too much to him.

"Yeah, I'll stay."

You let out a sigh of relief and snuggled even closer to him, your face was now against his chest and your arm around his waist. His heartbeat calming you down. He waited for you to fall back asleep, before he did himself.

-

You woke up from the sun that was peeking through the window. You groaned and noticed that Levi's arms were still wrapped around you, holding you tight against him. You smiled to yourself and snuggled your face further into his chest, avoiding the sun. You stayed in bed for a few more minutes, just enjoying the warmth and comfort of being embraced by Levi, before you decided to get up.

You carefully freed yourself from his tight grip around you and got out of bed, as quietly as possible. You got ready and went to get breakfast for the two of you.

-

As you entered his office again with a tray in you hands he was already awake, sitting on the couch with a few papers in his hands. You sighed and placed the tray on the table, before you sat down beside him. You took your food and started eating.

"You really overwork yourself too much, huh? You just woke up and you're already on it. Eat first and then you can move on."

You told him. He turned his head to you and then eyed the tray in front of him. He put the papers aside and took the cup of tea you prepared for him by the rim, sipping on it, completely ignoring the food. You lowered your head and sighed.