𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

You returned to your room and the moment you closed the door you felt relief washing over you. Your heart was still pounding against your chest, you curled your fingers around the fabric of your shirt right above your heart and breathed out. "What the hell is wrong with me?" You whispered to yourself.

You yelped when someone knocked on the door and turned around. Straightened your uniform, before you opened. Hange stood in your doorway and smiled brightly, just like always.

"Hange, hey."

"Hey!"

"So, what's up?"

"I just ran some tests with Eren."

"And? Anything new?"

"Nothing we already knew."

You hummed and checked the time, realizing that dinner was almost ready. "Oh, dinner is almost ready. Let's go." she nodded and linked her arm with yours, like she always did when you two walked to the mess hall together.

-

"Attention everyone. Some of you must have already heard about the 57th expedition next month.-"

Erwin and Levi stood in front of the door, where everyone could see them. Everybody was silent as they listened carefully to what the Commander was saying.

"-We need to find out what the Titans are up to, especially after the incident in the Shiganshina district five years ago. So prepare yourselves well."

When he was done, everyone went back to eating and their conversations. Someone bumped their shoulder into yours and you looked over to Eren, who was smiling.

"And? Are you exciting?"

"I don't know, kinda? I mean, yeah I am, but I'm also really nervous. After all, it's my first time seeing Titans and all that."

He put his arm around your shoulders and pulled you towards him. "Don't worry about it. You're going to be fine." You laughed and tried to slap his arm away. Little did you know, that a certain someone was watching...

One month later

A month had passed and today was the day, the 57th expedition was just around the corner. In less than two hours to be precise. You were now on your way to the mess hall, but stopped when someone called your name. You immediately smiled once you turned around and saw who it was.

"Levi! Hey."

"Come to my office when you're done."

You slightly leaned your head to the side and shrugged your shoulders, before you saluted playfully and smirked.

"Sir, yes Sir!"

The corner if his lip twitched slightly upwards and he shook his head, ruffling your hair.

"Go eat now."

-

You knocked one, two, three times, before you heard footsteps on the other side of the door. The door opened and Levi stepped to the side, allowing you in. You walked in and stopped in the middle of the room, waiting for him to say something. Lately, your heart started beating faster and faster as soon as you were alone with him and you didn't knew why. You dug your fingernails into your palms and bit your lower lip to calm yourself down.

"Stop that, you're hurting yourself."

He took your hands in his and stopped your movements, running his finger over the prints that were left behind on your palms. His expression was unreadable.