𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖

"Is that the reason why you've been avoiding me?"

Levi nodded his head against yours and said;

"Yes... I'm sorry, I wanted to tell you, but I couldn't. Until recently, I didn't even knew you were alive. I thought it was better to avoid you, I thought it would be easier, but turns out it wasn't."

You pulled away and wiped your tears away, before you looked at him. "It's okay." Your voice was just above a whisper. Your eyes swollen and red, the rims underneath them didn't go unnoticed by Levi. "You aren't sleeping enough."

"As if you're one to talk."

You smiled and bumped your shoulder into his, just like that, your head fell on it and you yawned.

"I just wanted to clear my head. I heard fresh air is good, especially night air."

Levi smiled to himself and rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say, brat."

-

It wasn't long before Levi heard soft snores coming from you. He looked down and smiled, your hair covert most of your face, so he reached out and tucked the strands behind your ear. He wiped the remaining tears away with his thumb. It got colder every minute, besides, it started to get uncomfortable sitting here. It was pretty late, too.

He put his arm under your knees and his other arm around your shoulders, carefully lifting you up and adjusting his grip on you so he wouldn't drop you on the way back. Quickly walking back inside he was extremely careful as he went down the stairs, always one step at a time.

After arriving at your door, he pushed it open and walked up to your bed, gently laying you down. He pulled the covers over you, tucking you in. Leaning down, Levi pressed his lips to your forehead and kissed it lightly, so it wouldn't wake you up. He squeezed his eyes shut as his lips lingered on your forehead for a moment to remind himself that you were here, that you were real, as dumb as it sounded. He hesitantly pulled back and inhaled sharply.

"Sleep well, (Y/n)." he whispered.

He made his way to the door, but paused in the doorway to look over his shoulder at you one last time, before finally walking out of your room and heading off to his office.

-

When you woke up the next morning, the sun peeked through your blinds. You pulled the covers over your face and the events of last night came back to your mind. Levi apologized to you and you finally knew the reason why he was avoiding you for so long.

You looked to the side, glancing at the clock and groaned. 'Ugh, not again!' You jumped to your feet and headed to the bathroom. 'Why does this always happen to me?' 5 minutes later you were fully clothed and ready to go, but you felt like you forgot something...

'Ahh, right. Today we will be divided into the squads.'

After yesterday, you really wanted to join Levi's squad. Besides, Eren would be there too. You grabbed your cape and stormed out of the door, hurrying down the hallway.

"Newbieeee!!!"

You flinched a bit and stopped, you looked over your shoulder to saw Hange running toward you. "Morning Hange." you replied with a smile as she wrapped her arms around you, crashing you into a hug.

"Hey! How are you?"

"Good, what about you?"

"You know I'm always good. You were on your way to the mess hall, right?" she asked and you nodded.

"Alright,-" she linked her arm with yours and dragged you with her. "-let's go then!" Once you arrived, she swung the door open and pulled you in, just like every other time you were coming through that door, all eyes were on you. 'Don't they have better things to do than stare at me?'. You kept your low, for some reason you felt uncomfortable being stared at, you weren't used to being the center of attention.

"(Y/n)! Over here!"

You lifted your head and looked to the direction where the voice came from and saw Eren waving you over. A small smile appeared on your face. You looked over to Hange, who nodded, telling you it was okay and let go of your arm. She waved you and turned to sit with her own squad. You walked over to your friends table and sat down.

"Morning guys."

"Hey, (Y/n)."

You took a bite from your food as you sat in silence, until Eren spoke. "And, are you excited?"

"Actually, I'm a bit curious. I really want to join Captain Levi's squad."

"I, too, will join his squad, because Eren is there." You looked at Mikasa and laughed a little.

"What about you (Y/n)? Are you excited?" You turned to Armin and shrugged your shoulders. "I don't know, kinda?" they nodded.

"Hey, why does everyone talk so highly about Levi's squad?" 'I mean he's a Captain, nothing special about it, right?'

"Levi's squad is the strongest out of every other squad, he chooses the people himself and is also called; Humanity strongest."

'Humanity strongest?'

"Really now?"

He nodded, now you were at a loss of words. Levi was humanity strongest? You couldn't believe it. Eren started to laugh and you turned around to face him.

"Heh, right? I couldn't believe it either the first time I saw him. I was like; This shorty is humanity strongest soldier? Told ya, I'm a much better choice."

"Eren!-" Armin yelled and looked around. "-what if he hears you?"

"I'm just telling the truth."

-

"And now Captain Levi's squad, chosen by himself,"

You all were outside, on the training ground, Erwin assigned you into the squads. A few were already decided, except for Hange's and Levi's squads.

"-that would be; Mikasa Ackerman, Jean Kirstein, Connie Springer, (F/n) (L/n), Sasha Blouse and Armin Arlert."

You felt relief washing over you. 'So he did choose me after all?'  You looked at him, only to find him already looking at you, the corner of his lips twitched slightly upwards into a small smile. You smiled back and turned your gaze away from him, back to the Commander. And once he finished Hange's squad, too, he dismissed everyone.

"Alright cadets, you're all dismissed!" You all saluted him and went to your rooms.

To be continued...

____________________________________
Ok so here is chapter 8 ;)
It's a bit short :/
See you in the next chapter! <3