𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐

You woke up the next morning and your body was still aching. You yawned and opened your eyes, meeting Levi's grey orbs as he looked at you, a small smile on his lips. You smiled back and snuggled closer to him. His hand was drawing small circles onto your back.

"Morning." He said.

His voice was rough, he probably just woke up too. You brought your hand to your eyes, rubbing the tiredness out of them.

"Good morning."

You two laid there for a moment, just looking at each other. Your eyes moved to the scar on his face and you reached a hand out, tracing it with your finger just like you did yesterday.

"Does it hurt?" You asked him worried.

Levi put his hand on top of yours and squeezed it. The small smile remained on his lips as he shook his head.

"No, not as much anymore." He simply answered.

"It was him, wasn't it?"

He goes quiet for a second, but kept his gaze fixed to yours, before eventually nodding slightly. You retreated your hand and looked away, a feeling of guilt washed over you.

"I'm sorry." You whispered.

"Hey, it's not your fault."

You slowly nodded and looked at him again. Levi sat up and ruffed your hair, messing them up, before throwing his legs off the bed. You, too sat up and groaned slightly, leaning your upper body against the headboard.

"Levi?"

He looked over his shoulder, waiting for you to go on.

"Do you know what's going to happen to the guy?"

You asked him and he turned around so he was facing you properly.

"That bastard will pay for what he did to you and your parents, that's for sure.-"

You felt relief inside of you. 'As he should, finally he is caught.'

"-Don't worry, he won't and can't hurt you anymore."

Levi finished putting on his shoes and took his jacked. "You hungry?" He asked.

"Starving." You answered.

He chuckled. "Alright, I'll be right back."

Levi went out and not a minutes later the door opened again, revealing Hange together with Armin, Mikasa and Eren. The moment they saw that you were awake they all quickly ran up to you and carefully hugged you, one by one. Hange was the last one.

"Oh my god, newbie. I'm so g-glad. You scared the shit out of all of us, you know that?"

You pulled away and she cupped your face in her hands looking at the bruise on your throat. You put your hands around her wrist and smiled softly at her.

"I didn't wanted you guys to worry. Please don't cry, Hange."

She let go of you and straighten herself, nodding like a child while wiping away her tears.

"Yeah, sorry. Couldn't help it." She said laughing.

"Don't apologize."

"Okay, sorry-ehh I mean yeah, yeah."

You couldn't help but laugh at her, the others soon joined you and she didn't even seem to care. Actually she was laughing herself. They pulled up chairs next to the bed and sat down.

"How are you? Are you alright?"

Hange asked and you could hear the concern in her voice. Eren, Armin and Mikasa looked at you with worry.