chapter 8

Cato POV

I smirked. 'We could stay here?' I said but it came out as more of a question. I saw Clove think for a second. 'sure' she answered then to my surprise. I started running around making an as comfortable bed as possible for us while Clo texted whoever. Let's enjoy this!

 Clove POV

I can't believe I said yes to him!?! Well at least I wouldn't get wet and as a benefit, it was kind of like paradise here.  I do have to say Cato isn't the worst person to spent the night with (not like that!)

Cato and I decide to have a little fun with our weapons (the killers we are) before we go to 'bed'. Cato made this surprisingly comfortable bed and he slept on the ground 'the gentleman he is. Slowly I start drifting off to sleep.

I awaken to a loud crash. The sound of breaking glass comes into my ears and only a few seconds later my mind registers what it is. The sound is followed by footsteps. I get this weird feeling and sneak a look at Cato. He's asleep. Then I get it, this is the first time I've ever been scared of anything else than losing Cato or someone else I love.

Strong arms wrap around me. It's too dark to see who is carrying me but the arms feel familiar. Then the person who's holding me falls over and drops me. I hear Cato swear and myself being dragged away. I scream.

Cato POV

I hear her scream, we have both been having nightmares since the reaping. We never woke up because of them though. The only way I know about clove is because I opened up and after that, she followed. There is one difference though, My nightmares are about Clove dying. She told me hers where about the day she got kidnapped by the other academy.

Yes, the second-best academy out of district 2 got jealous and captured Clove. We did still win the contest though. Clove managed to escape and fought her way in. Everybody knew this was nearly impossible and even if she missed her flight she still got first place with me. Lucky me!! I got to spend a night with her, this time uninterrupted. Lucky though? Either one of us dies in this arena or both of us.

That again is a nightmare, Clove and I are going into the arena tomorrow.

Author/me:

So I'm finally back. If you ever waited. I decided to focus the story more on the end/middle of Clato's time in the arena. I'm fun, aren't I? You will get more to know about Clove her backstory, no worries. I will also try to update more. I also have an important question:

DO YOU WANT MORE CHAPTERS BUT SHORTER OR LESS BUT LONGER CHAPTERS?

Sorry, I had to do that in captions,