chapter 21

As soon as I heard another scream, I recognized it. Clover!! The screaming continued as I ran as fast a I could. I broke through the tree line seeing  the cornucopia as beautiful as ever. However it wasn't the only beautiful thing in the surrounding, Clove was also standing there. My heart skipped a beat and everything looked like it was in slowmotion as soon as I saw her. Then reality came crashing in and I saw it, the scar on her leg, the crazy dogs? and Katniss ready to fire her arrow. 

As Katniss stood ready to fire at Clove while she was almost dying at the paws of weird animals, that looked like dogs or wolves, I took action as soon as possible. My eyes caught a spear lying not to far away and I ran. I grabbed the spear and threw. Katniss was pierced right through her chest, she didn't even see me. As Katniss bled to death Clove pulled herself onto the cornucopia causing the mutts to jump and try to reach her. She looked around shocked, then her eyes landed on mine, she smiled.

I ran towards her, not caring about the mutts that had now noticed me. As soon as I reached the cornucopia I leaped, only just grabbing the edge. As I pulled myself up I could feel one of the mutts putting their teeth in my leg and pulling me down. At the same moment I felt Clove's soft hand grasp mine and pull me up. Like this a tug war started between the mutt and Clove. The mutt soon company, but Clove had almost pulled me fully up. I yelped out in pain as I could feel a mutation close their jaw even closer around my foot, Clove jumped but continued to pull as strongly as possible. The mutt held on so tight that their teeth tore into my flesh, deep into my flesh. At the moment I was ready to pass out in pain Clove gave a final tug and pulled me fully onto the cornucopia. 

We sighed in relieve and as soon as realization came to us we embraced each other strongly. Clove whimpered into my shoulder as I was just numb because of the pain. But no amount of pain could ever drown out the feeling of happiness I felt when I held onto my Clover. We held onto each other to probably well over 15 minutes and only let go when we heard the sound of a gift. Clove went over to grab it, hoping for it to be medicine. When she opened it she grabbed the note and started reading it. Her eyes started welling up and when her tears started to fall she handed me the note. It read:

Dear Clove and Cato,

You have done great, final 2! District two could never have been so proud as having two victors. Sadly the capital will never allow us to help both of you out. We have talked it over, and one of you has to die, sorry. 

Cato, though the capital will be able to safe your life, not attending to your leg will result to death, they will have to replace your leg with a robotic one. This will be no problem whatsoever, you'll just have to have surgery and you'll have to adjust.

Clove, you're in a better state, tough still not perfect. The capital will have to look at your head and check if there is any damage done to your brain. The doctors will be able to fix anything on the outside, however if there is a complication in your brain this will remain for the rest of your life.

As for the gift from your sponsors, we have provided you with poison.

Choose wisely,

Enobaria and Brutus

At this point I was also crying realizing what one of us had to do. Who would do it? Obviously I would sacrifice myself for Clove, but would she let me?

Sorry, I just can't seem to stop with writing this story. There will be another chapter.