43 - Throbbing Moments

Arjun pov

As usual, I stood outside her apartment waiting for her single glimpse from her window when she shut it before going to sleep but today her room lights were still on due to her sudden arrival of a guest, her friend Yaashvi. It's five past 10 what is the need to be still awake when she very well know her health condition.

I started to walk back and forth on the narrow street glancing at her window now and then but this stone-hearted girl decided to keep me waiting at midnight without giving her a single glance, I know she is doing this willfully to make me wait.

'Should I ask Albert to ask her to sleep?'

'No, she would take it wrong'

'But she should rest now, how will she work tomorrow if she keeps on chatting the whole night?'

The only thing to bring things back to normal is to talk to her and take her back to Mumbai, there would be no problem for her, she can continue her work I can even reduce her work time there. Yeah, that's the only way to keep her quiet.

A loud horn stopped my thoughts, I saw Advik sitting inside the car with his eyes boring mine, "coming to Advi" Yaashvi yelled.

He knows I would be waiting for her glimpse daily yet he would see me with the same look but never stopped me, ignoring him I leaned on my car to look upwards to her apartment, where she came out in her pajama shirt with dull eyes but she has a broad smile. A smile from her heart...

My eyes wandered to Yaashvi who dressed like she was going for a date. When Advik's eyes landed on her, his sullen face changed into a smile that brought a blush to her cheeks. Bidding bye to Diya she sat next to Advik and he warned Diya, "lock the door Diya" I smiled at his words and looked at her to see her eyes on me for a second, nodding her head she went in as Advik drove away.

From down I can see her hand placed over her small belly, how I wish to caress it... she shut the window and her shadow disappeared slowly along with the lights of the room. I was not able to get away from the place, I wanted to take her to my heart and fill it with her memories.

The next morning when I came to her apartment I saw her walking to the nearby bus stop, it will always be Advik who pick up and drop her back but now where the hell is she? She would make a scene if I ask her to hop on the car, so I decided to go with her, signaling Albert to bring the car I started to walk few meters away from her eyesight.

When she was about to turn the street, I saw a car stop few meters before her and I saw the unexpected person in the current situation. Raghav. Raghav Shaan. The person who declared his crush on my wife in the early days of our marriage. The man who openly flirted with my wife with me in front.

Diya was shocked to see him and he was super happy to see her from the brightness on his face, 'can't he leave her after knowing she is married?' I thought bitterly when I thought to take a step towards her he opened the door of the car as she slides in with a broad smile and he shut it softly getting on his seat and drove away.

It's all because of me, if I had revealed the truth to her all this wouldn't have happened. Okay, I will tell her all the truth and take her to Australia with me. That's it I decided now.

With an oath in my heart I walked back to my car and drove to the office but unexpectedly both Diya and Advik are not there his cabin is empty. I called my assistant and took the detail of my today's meetings and conference but to my hatred, everything is too important to spurn.

Even I lied to my heart, "they will be later" my brain was not ready to accept the lie.

"Albert, where is Diya?"