15 - Rapist

Diya pov

The next day was a beautiful day filled with happy moments with the kids, grandmas', grandpas' and Ben. We all played in the garden as it's already a weekend and the kids were lying on top of Ben on the ground with their shirts covered with mud and grasses making tough competition for Ben to even sit up straight as he lost in hiding and seek to play with them.

I clutched my stomach unable to control my laughter seeing him pleading with them, "Stop laughing and help...me" he breathed hard inviting me to help him.

Shaking my head, "this is for accepting defeat wanted. So enjoy it"

"Accept your defeat...Accept your defeat...

yes...

Idiot Ben uncle accepts it..." all of them yelled.

"Traitor" he sighed seeing me but accepted his defeat placing his face flat on the grass floor.

"heyyyyyy" they all shouted happily

Apart from this cold night breeze, I felt a strong gaze on me, I looked around and found Raghav looking at me with a small smile plastered on his face, his gaze made me feel different like I am giving him false hopes, his smile is pure and nothing strange in it to feel awkward.

Waving at me he came close to me while I rubbed my bare hands to prevent myself from getting cold, "need any warmth?" He asked removing his blazer keeping the shopping bag on the floor.

"No, it's okay, am fine" I ignored him politely.

"Am not a stone-hearted person to see my long time crush shivering in cold"

His smile can make anyone's heart melt, "thanks" I took his tuxedo to cover me from this cold.

"Smile suits you more" I laughed nervously but kept silent.

"Why did you left the party in the middle that night?"

Frozen. Did he see me with Arjun? Looking down at the grass floor, "I didn't feel good that's why"

"I see," he thought something for a while, "How is he related to you?"

"Ben?" I asked.

He shook his head, "Arjun"

"Family friend"

"But you guys seem pretty close" I instantly looked at him, he is still having a smile plastered on his face, "just don't take me wrong but I felt so. I also prayed I don't want something more than friends between you two"

My gaze falls back on the floor, "there is nothing between us" maybe yeah we don't have anything between us other than the revenge.

"Why are we standing, shall we sit?" He asked indicating the stone bench, I looked forward at Ben and all children playing happily.

"Okay" we both sat on the nearby bench.

"So how's life going?"

"Nothing special. But I am having the best days of my life I think" he said not averting his gaze from me.

"Is it? How"

He laughed, "I am secretly glancing at you daily in the morning from my apartment over there," he said indicating the flat opposite, "at the balcony to see you water the small pot plants"

"You are stalking me" I playfully hit his hand with a glare yet smile.

He laughed, "Hey it's just seeing you, not being a creepy man. And I love watching your sleepy self walking like a zombie with ruffled hair, drooping eyes in those baggy pajamas" he was mocking me while I gaped at his reply with wide mouth unable to belive his statement hiding my embarrassment.