13 - Checkmate to Queen

Diya pov

Left of the travel filled with silence, I don't know where he is taking me instead of asking him I preferred silence but now I felt my anger is at its peak point. I saw his hard grip on the steering wheel with clenched jaws staring at the road with anger.

"Stop the car," I said in a hard tone but who am I kidding, he is the Arjun who hates when people go against him, "I said stop the car" still I got silence as an answer.

"stop the car Arjun or else I will dive out of the car this instant" and switched off the child lock.

"stop playing" he yelled making me flinch but the backing is not a solution to win this game, "I am dead serious" I was about to open the door but stopped when he cursed.

"Fuck" and stopped the car on the roadside with a loud screech sound, "what the hell do you want?" his face is red with anger.

"Why the hell are you angry when I should be the one to have that right" I got out of the car, "now go wherever you need" I started walking on the deserted road where I rarely saw vehicles and the dawn gives chills down my whole body in cold.

"You are bend to test my patience level" his hand grabbed my elbow from back in a harsh manner, hitting his head, "don't touch me you sadist. You and your stupid imaginations and hugs. I don't need your lovely words at this time, at least you should not have used those words. Did I hugged you when we are...sorry when I am in love with you" why can't I still see anything in his eyes? Why am I always receiving a cold look from him?

"I remember it, I hugged only twice for the past 3 years. When you proposed to me for marriage and others when you accepted my love. I had solid 3 years to be clingy with you, have I ever used such opportunities. I am not someone who uses one for my pleasure..." my voice broke with a heavy lump forming in my throat.

"It's not what I mean"

"Shut up you idiot" I hit his chest with my fist not able to control my tears, "now where are you driving? I don't want to come with you anywhere. Leave me along and go" without giving me an answer he grabbed my hand with force ignoring my protest he dragged me to the car and throw me a warning angry look to not get out of the car since I have no energy left in me I sat silently as he drove the car.

"I thought you need some air and long drive" I was stunned with his reply, turning towards him my gaze falls on his long slender fingers had lost grip on the steering wheel and his eyes are forwarded straight on the road, "Yeah I need it but not with you" his jaw clenched, he licked his lips, after few seconds he nodded in yes.

I thought I can read you but I am wrong. You are an unpredictable, unreadable man for me.

Car was parked on his parent's home, he went in before me as I hesitated to step in as I am in such a messy situation. When I got in I saw him speaking with his mother, when her eyes fall on me her face formed into a big smile, returning it I slowly moved towards her. Arjun turned around and look at me for a brief second and walked out without speaking a word to me.

My feet were about to move towards him, "how are you Diya?" his mother called me, "fine aunty" again I turned to the entrance to see him coming in but he didn't.

"he said you wanted to stay here" he did? My eyes again moved towards the direction where he went expecting him to come back to take me back to his place.

"Upstairs left side last room is Arjun's take rest Diya," she said with a sad smile, I tried to put a smile on my face but failed miserably with a curt nod and climbed up and spent a sleepless night with bad things haunting me.

When I need you the most you are not there for me Arjun, I don't need your hug, just one look saying 'You are Safe, I am there for you but as usual, I spent a long night alone. Once again...