41

Inayat's POV

I haven't been really free with my Dad since the incident that occurred last weekend.

Why won't he let me marry Junaid????

What has Junaid done to him???

What exactly are his reasons???  Must have been what has been going through all of your minds.

Well guess what, my Dad already told me and it was the most heartbreaking thing I have ever heard.

Don't ask me though..... It saddens me to even tell to others. Oh Ya Allah!...

Remember the other day I rushed out to see things for myself???

Well, things just happened that way. Astagfirullah but I couldn't hold in my tears and I started crying in front of them both. My voice also betrayed me so I said all I wanted admist tears.

My Dad rushed to where I stood and held me so close to him.

I know why I am saying that Inayat, I know why. He kept saying as he pated my back slowly.

I felt embarrassed because Junaid was seated and I could tell he was also surprised by what was happening.

I think I have to take my leave Dad. I heard him say as my Dad nodded and gestured for him to find his way out.

I couldn't even tell him not to go as much as I wanted him to stay, instead my crying Just increased.

Since then, I haven't heard a word from Junaid.

My Dad on the other hand kept giving me excuses like; He is Fulani by tribe Inayat, do you know how far that is, you don't even know anything concerning the tribe, their cultures and all.
I can't lose you to an ethnicity so far away, there is Ahmad, Yoruba by tribe which is so close to us.

There we go, "Ahmad" yet again.

I wasn't the type to talk back to my parents no matter what so I never really replied him whenever he spoke. Instead, I just said whatever I wanted to Allah in my sujood.

I only replied him once, and that was the day of the incident. Also in a very calm and polite manner.

Moreover, "Your Lord has decreed that you worship none but Him and that you be kind to your parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in your life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honor". (QURAN, 17:23)

And also, "The best of the deeds or deed is the observance of prayer at it's proper time and kindness to the parents. (Sahih Muslim).

And my only reply was just plainly; But Dad, we aren't going to stay in his Homeland, surely somewhere overseas. And as for the language barrier, there is English and also Arabic.

But as usual, his reply was nothing but silence.

I explained the ordeal to Aa'yat that night and she was also caught by surprise. From how she reacted, she didn't even know Junaid was back home.

He also didn't say a word to her concerning the visit he made to my Dad and all that had happened.

I already explained to her though. Sweet girl, she only calmed me.
"Whatever Allah has destined will surely prevail." I love you and Junaid together sis, but Allah is the best of all planners so don't you worry.

She was so right, and it all made sense.

May Allah (swt) give us all the best.

When is sister in law Junaida coming??? Mubarakah asked out loudly.