11

Aa'yat's POV

After buying my Macdee and a chilled bottle of fanta to go with it, I caught a glimpse of Junaid walking towards the mini garden sited beneath a tree opposite the department of mathematics.

I tip toed behind him as I followed till he sat. I wrapped my hands around his eyes in a childish manner in anticipation of what he was going to do next.

Maybe drag me down, close to his side and give me a very warm hug......  I thought happily as I wrapped tightly.

He turned almost close to immediately and took my hands down.
It's you again!..... He shouted loudly as he caught sight of me and muttered something I couldn't get a hold of.

What is wrong with you sister??? He queried widening his eyes.

Sister??? OMG, did he just sister zone me??? Ouch💔, my pride is hurt.
I don't understand why you are asking, this is me saying Hy to you in a friendly way. Don't you like it??? I answered calmly in a pitiful manner.

He cleared his throat as he realized I was affected by his reaction.
I am so sorry I didn't mean it that way okay, I was caught off guard and uhmmmm uhmmmmm.... He stammered.

What? You don't touch girls right. I teased.
But you didn't touch me first, I touched you. All you did was react. I smirked.

He let out a big sigh and dipped his hands into his back pocket in an act of calming down.
It's okay sister, but I barely even know you, you shouldn't act this way towards a guy you met roughly some hours ago. He said as he kept staring at something on the ground.

Who says I can't? I asked. Besides, I feel like I know you already. It might have been roughly some hours to you, but it has been forever to me. I smiled.

He didn't say a word in reply to what I said and just kept on staring at the ground.

I don't like it..... He boldly answered.
I am sorry, but I don't like it when girls act all too friendly with me. He completed.

Why? What?
OMG, are you gay??? I asked with a surprised look my hand covering my mouth.

He became totally speechless....

I know right, I was just joking. I declared as I bursted out laughing.
Oh my God, you should have seen your face I pointed out as I laughed harder.

He still didn't say a word.

Well, this is becoming boring, and is definitely not going my way. I thought.

So tell me, don't you have Female friends? I asked.

Of course, I do. But just Hy and hello buddies I guess. We hardly have anything to talk about you know. He answered casually.

Oh I see, then I guess I can start from being one of your buddies then, I offered. At least, we can just let it all start from Hy's and Hello's. I smiled as I stretched forth my hand.

A weird glance from him and I realized I was going off his ways again. So I retrieved my hand immediately and offered a friendly smile along with a casual sorry my mistake.

He chuckled at my reaction and that made me smile more.

You are a Muslimah right? Your name is Aa'yat I guess If I can recall well. He queried.

Good to know you remember. I grinned.

Thank you so much for the offer, but I don't really think it is a good idea. He replied.

Why? Are you scared we are going to go from just being buddies to something else??? I asked in a naughty manner.

No, Allah's willing I doubt that. He assured me.