14

Aa'yat's POV

I just kept looking at the way his lips kept moving as he talked. Waw, he really has it all.

I came to my senses when he asked for my phone and gave me his phone number.
He added by telling me we were buddies now, that too with a smile.

I smiled back and I couldnt hold back the happiness I was feeling.

Excitedly, I thanked him with the brightest of all smiles.

He left along with his friend to the mosque for their Afternoon prayer.

I quickly saved his name as "Better Half".
I really do like him God knows. If I have to tell him more about me for him to even do as little as advice me, then I am so ready to tell him the entire story of my life.

I remembered Habiba had told me to meet her at the front of zenith Atm so I quickly rushed there.

Upon getting there, she was busy staring non stop at her phone that she didn't even notice me arrive.
What could she be doing????..... I thought.

I sneaked over to attempt a peep but sadly she was done staring.

Hey B, what's up? She asked.

I am fine, the dude gave me his phone number. Awww I think he likes me now. I cheered.

What a boring guy.... She rolled her eyes.

What's boring about that??? I asked.

Just nevermind. She answered.
Do you have anything to pick in the hostel? She added as she questioned.

No, not at all.. why? I asked.

Because you and I are heading to my boyfriend's place off campus right now. She smiled as she dragged me along.

Bu...but... Wait.... I stammered. Why didn't you tell me earlier??... I heard there might be a fixed class later in the day. Aren't we going to attend? I asked as she paused to look me in the eyes.

School just resumed babe, chill and relax it's not tests or exams periods yet okay. Besides there is a very high possibility the class isn't going to hold. She blurted out.

Let's go now... Please pretty please he has been asking to see me since and I really want to see him too. Don't be a barrier to love. She pleaded faking a sad face.

But you can always go alone. Plus how have you been going when I wasn't there. I fired back jokingly.

Why being so stubborn?? Okay fine, I just want to go with you. She smiled. I see you as a Bestie now. Don't you see me as one? She pouted.

"Bestie???...... I really haven't had close friends nor any one to call me that, I was always just alone because I always felt no one liked me and those who did were always being judgemental about one thing or the other. I haven't liked anyone either. But this particular girl seems to be different. I want to vibe with her." I thought

Okay then, fine. Let's go Bestie. I smiled as she let out an exciting "yay" and we both headed for her so called boyfriend's house.

The drive to kongo wasn't really as fun as I thought. Yes, her boyfriend studies at the other branch in kongo. He is a law student.
Silly girl refused to give me a heads up because she thought I would bail out on her which was somewhat true. I mean who leaves samaru for a drive to kongo????.....

We had to enter a vehicle with 4 other passengers.
Two were at the front sit while Habiba and I had to squeeze seats with 2 other people.
It wasn't fun at all.