9

THE REST OF HER week passed surprisingly quiet as she settled in, no one else seeming to even dare bothering her. Perhaps it was Levi's presence by her side or perhaps it was her own reputation, but either way, she didn't mind. She hadn't come to St Joseph for the drama, even if it seemed to follow her. With Will's match Friday she had had other things to focus on though, the buzz around it bigger than she thought it would have been. People wished him good luck or pulled him in a conversation about it every chance they got, making her feel like she was walking with St Joseph's personal mascot everywhere she went.

Right at that moment someone tugged at Will's arm again as they walked through the hallways, causing their conversation to be interrupted. They had been walking to their first class, Alex explaining his dream to them in vivid detail, Will somehow seeming to make sense of the incoherent story. The girls that had stopped him giggled once they met Will's eyes, the one who had grabbed ahold of him batting her eyes innocently at him.

"We're cheering you on, Will," she said.

"We just know your team will secure the win," her friend agreed.

"Thank you," Will smiled at them," hopefully I can live up to your expectations."

She mirrored his expression, leaning forward and tapping his cheek. "You will," she said," but let me give you something else for good luck."

Ella was surprised to see her pucker her lips, but before she could make contact with Will's skin Levi placed his hand in between, causing the girl's lips to leave a mark on his palm instead. She blinked in surprise, but he didn't leave her much room to say anything, pulling Will along. Only when they reached the end of the hallway did Levi deem him safe, letting him go and wiping the lipstick off his hand with a frown. Alex laughed, shaking his head as he followed.

"I don't know how you do it, Will," he said," you're surprisingly such a womanizer."

"What?" Will stammered, a faint blush coloring his cheeks," I don't think she was trying to flirt with me, Alex, she was just being nice."

Levi just held up his hand as he gave Will a pointed look.

"I literally got assaulted," he said.

"That isn't assault, Levi," Ella chuckled.

"It sure felt like it," he scowled. He rubbed harder on his skin, frown deepening. "And why the hell isn't this coming off?"

Ella searched in her bag for the hand sanitizer she carried, one of the essentials she always had, taking his hand in hers after.

"Come here," she said," it's probably waterproof."

"That is an useless concept," he complained.

"It really isn't," Alex smirked, winking at them," I'm telling you from personal experience."

"Alex!" Will chastised.

They had reached the classroom then, Alex and Will already heading in. Levi leaned against the wall as she took off the last remnants of the lipstick, taking his other hand to inspect his wound after. It wasn't healed yet, but thankfully the nurse had said it would probably only leave a faint scar. Though she knew it didn't really bother Levi, a part of her felt conflicted about having him permanently wounded because of her.

"Is it wrong if I say I want to beat Yelena up for this?" she said, looking up at him," honestly, I would have been way less angry if it had just been me hurt."