33

SEBASTIAN ALWAYS HAD THIS look about him like he just committed arson. It was visible in the careless smile on his face and the sparks in his eyes, like all he wanted to do was cause chaos. Honestly, that was all he was going to do. She narrowed her eyes in confusion at the sight of her brother in a tracksuit the colors of the Mexican flag, only recognizing the colors then. Her father's home country was a beautiful one, but with how fluorescent this Adidas tracksuit was - Ella wondered if the chance was still there to pretend like she didn't know Sebastian.

That idea was quickly abandoned though when he started to walk towards the center of the crowd, obviously up to no good. His smile faded into a stern expression, arms crossed behind his back as he stopped. Normally the students would have shouted or insulted him at least five times by now, but it didn't take a genius to recognize Sebastian and his reputation. That same cheeky smile of his was plastered right on front of all his boxing match posters after all, right before he scored a win again.

He parted his lips then and his voice boomed across the field as he started pacing, all of them staring at him with wide eyes.

''Listen up, you idiots," he said," I'm your new PE teacher. The name is Sebastian Martinez. That's sir Martinez for you all."

His low voice had quietened everyone, but Will and Alex were practically squealing in their enthusiasm. Ella had forgotten she hadn't told them about Sebastian's arrival yet, but even Levi seemed confused, though that was more by Sebastian's entrance than anything else.

"I was a trained army general," Sebastian continued," and I tolerate zero bullshit. So unless you want to get your ass handed to you, I suggest you listen."

Everyone held a collective breath then as he let his gaze wander over the students, eyes hard and lips pressed in a thin line. The suspense was heavy in the air, before dissolving all at once as he burst out into laughter. He stretched out leisurely, the serious expression he carried earlier completely gone now.

"I'm just kidding," he grinned," I'm your new substitute teacher for an undefined time period, but I had to honor my favorite teacher. Whoever can guess who I just imitated gets bonus points."

The students finally dared to say something now, all of them shouting at once, his smile widening at the answers.

"I bought this tracksuit especially for today," he said, proudly gesturing at it as if it wasn't an abomination of the earth," I know you all must be a bit starstruck by it and wondering where to buy it, but I have to disappoint you, this was custom-made."

"I don't think anyone is disappointed or starstruck for that matter," Ella replied with a shake of her head.

Not by the tracksuit, anyhow. It was easy to see however how they were all watching Sebastian with either a glittering admiration or a sharp intimidation. He was after all one of the few St Joseph alumni to really achieve something and to prove a living could be made by fighting. Most importantly, he was over six feet of trained muscles, so that sufficed on it's own. No matter what they felt though they all laughed, their constant boredom replaced by a newfound interest now, Sebastian's talent to hold a crowd's attention always strange to see in action.

"I see St Joseph has not made you nicer, Ella," Sebastian said with a chastising click of his tongue.

"It only made you worse," Ella countered.

"That's false," Sebastian said, holding up his hand," you better stop these defaming lies, little sis, because I'm America's sweetheart. Well, not really though, because I'm Hispanic, but as soon as we get the international internalized racism over with you'll see."

Rumors start up at once then, everyone who hadn't yet realized that he was her brother suddenly having let it click just now. Honestly, she'd rather have Clarkson at this point. Alex had been grinning the whole time during Sebastian's speech, Will starting to cheer and Levi simply nodding at him. Sam seemed awkward standing right behind him, but he didn't say anything. There was no need to, despite the fact that they weren't together anymore he never had had bad blood with Sebastian. It was hard to have that anyhow considering her brother was speaking nonsense ninety-five percent of the time.