36

ALEX AND WILL WERE sitting on their knees in the water as Levi stood in front of them with crossed arms. It genuinely seemed like a father scolding his two children, Will staring up at Levi with wide eyes. Alex however was sitting there with his wig still on and a stick on moustache, looking like a shady guy selling drugs in an alleyway. Not that that differed much from his usual look. Ella glanced at the wig in her hand, obviously fake with it's jet black curls. Genuinely, it looked like plastic. Where had they even found this?

"Okay, but listen -" Alex began.

He stopped talking at once when Levi raised his eyebrows, Alex' mouth falling open as he started protesting again.

"That's untrue," he said," Will and I hang out all the time at this place, this is our favorite spot."

"Why are you still not good at this then?" Ella said.

"You're being incredibly rude, young lady," Alex said, pointing at her," I am the best at this. In fact, they have a trophy wall dedicated entirely to me. You can check that -" He paused for a second. "Never mind, do not check that. Anyway, Will was the one who fell."

Ella turned her gaze towards Will, who hung his head, cheeks red.

"I got stressed because I heard your voices," he admitted," I'm sorry for letting you fall."

"Yes, you both scared us," Alex said, crossing his arms as well," how dare you accuse us of stalking when you two are the ones intruding on our day out?"

Levi stared at him in silence for a solid minute, until Alex finally sighed, throwing up his hands in the air.

"You're right," he said," we did stalk you."

"That was the strangest communication between you two," Ella remarked.

"I needed to be strict," Levi said.

"And boy, he was," Alex nodded solemnly," it's good you saw this cruel side of him before you were together for too long, Ella. I pity your poor children."

In response Levi ripped the moustache off his nose without any warning, causing Alex' hand to fly to his upper lip as he fell backwards dramatically, a yell escaping his lips. Levi didn't even blink at the scene, but Will tried to grasp Alex to stop his fall, instead tumbling down in the water. When it became clear Levi would not help him, Alex stared him dead in the eye before turning around and floating head down, looking like a drowned corpse. His wig drifted away in the meanwhile, a completely different horror on it's own.

"O my God," Levi muttered, grabbing Ella's wrist," let's get away before this maniac starts telling people I killed him."

Will pulled Alex out by his arms, looking at them like an abandoned puppy as Alex coughed up water.

"But Levi," Ella said," look at him."

"No, don't," Levi said, shielding her eyes with a hand," there's no place for empathy on this date."

"What kind of dates are you having?" Alex shouted after him.

"At least I am having dates," Levi yelled back, removing his hand from her eyes.

Alex' mouth fell open in shock, an incomprehensible speech leaving his lips.

"Is that French?" Ella asked, deciphering some curses.

"Ignore him," Levi said," he always does this when I've offended his honor."

"What honor?"

"That's what I said too," Levi said," and then he started in German."