Peeping Tom

"What the hell?" I padded my hand on the night stand, searching for my phone. When I finally found it I touched the screen, the bright screen felt like it was burning into my eyes.

7:36am

I sighed when I saw the time. I was hoping I could get up earlier, but my sleepless nights had me tired in the mornings. The mysterious man haunted me in my dreams and I had no clue who he was. He consumed my mind day and night, and I couldn't help to feel guilty. I wouldn't dare tell Holden or he would probably lose his mind.

I starred up at the ceiling while twiddling my thumbs. I was thinking about the tattooed symbols like a puzzle waiting to be deciphered. I knew I needed to get to the bottom this mystery.

I closed my eyes and mind-linked the only friend I had in my new pack.

Adrian.

"Adrian? Do you have a spare sketch book or notepad?"

Suddenly, I heard Adrian's deep voice enter my head.

"Luna, I got a few supplies from my office I could bring up to you. Give me a few minutes."

Adrian was a god-send. He always answer my beck and call, and now that Holden marked me, I was able to communicate with any Crimson pack members through mind-link.

"Thanks Adrian, see you soon."

...

It was only a few minutes after mind-linking Adrian I heard knocking at the door. After opening the door I saw a very large bearded man holding a pile of various sized notebooks and writing supplies. The supplies looked tiny in his hands because he was almost the size of a bear.

"Luna, I didn't know what you wanted so I brought different books I had lying around my office. Choose as you like, its all yours." He said as he handed me the pile of supplies into my arms.

"Thanks, Adrian you're a life saver. So what's for dinner tonight? Anything planned?" I casually asked while looking at all the notebooks he handed to me.

"Well, I'm feeling for Greek tonight!" He roared. "It's the Alpha's favourite." His jolly bearded smile made my heart flutter. No matter what day it he was always in a good mood, something I wish I could feel.

As he started walking back down the hallway I called out to him.

"Wait- Adrian- Um-" I was fidgeting my feet while I contemplated what to tell him. I wanted to thank him for everything but didn't know what to say. He has been so kind to me since the day I arrived, showing me around and introducing me to most of the pack. It were things that Holden should of been doing, but I know he was busy running the pack.

"Yes Luna." He turned around and awaited my response.

"Thanks, for everything. I mean it. If you weren't here to show me everything, I would be lost." I scoffed, hoping that I didn't sound too helpless.

"LUNA, it's been a pleasure." He let out a large ear to ear smile as he gracefully bowed before heading back down the hallway.

As he left I took another glance at the pile of books I held in my arms. I contemplated for a moment to even consider sketching the drawings down in fear Holden will see them. I'll just have to keep my book in a safe place and out of sight from Holden's prying eyes.

I tossed the pile of supplies on the bed going through them one by one, trying to decide which one I would use to sketch. In my hand I held and very small black book, small enough to fit in a purse or even a pocket.

"Perfect." I flipped through the crisp blank pages seeing that it was unused and ready for me to fill.

As I placed the notebook on my lap I immediately started sketching. My hand was moving freely like it had a mind of its own, and I had no idea what I was drawing.