Monster

Damian

I wasn't sure if my dreams were real anymore.

I drifted in and out of sleep constantly, hoping that I would be reunited with her in my mind, but there was nothing. Anything I did now was a mere blur, I was going on basic instinct, and that was to kill my enemies.

"What are we going to do with them Alpha?" Barak stood over the young warriors lined up on the ground. They were all Crimson scouts that my men found snooping around the border of our territory.

My pack, the ones that survived, all looked to me different now. I wasn't sure if it was because I was on a violent binge, or maybe it was because they feared me.

I wasn't the same, and I was changing in ways I never thought possible.

Was I becoming like Holden?

Revenge was the only thing on my mind. I'll fucking burn this entire world down just to have her.

But after all the blood shed, I knew deep down this wasn't me. I didn't kill aimlessly unless it was absolutely necessary, but at the same time, they took her from me. They took my family, and now, my babies were in limbo.

I needed a few more days to gather the resources to rescue her, but I was growing impatient. Something wasn't sitting right in the pit of my stomach, and I was losing control of my mind. The temptation of retrieving her by myself was appealing, but I couldn't get myself killed.

I turned to my men hovering over the Crimson warriors. "Kill them."

Eric looked away, obviously not pleased with my new found vengeful addiction. "We should keep some alive for questioning."

"I already know where she is, it doesn't matter now. We need to even up our numbers if we are going to take her back. This is the only way."

"Since when does Fenrir "even the numbers?" We are always outnumbered, and we always succeed..."

I briefly looked back to my men standing with their guns pointing to the heads of the scouts.

I felt no guilt.

They all deserved to die.

How could they serve Holden knowing the things he does?

That's when the yelling started. Barak took the first shot. Silver to the head. It was an instant death, and the warrior collapsed to the ground instantly. We were far enough away from the pack house to not be overheard by the others.

"Please no, no, no, no!" Several voices of the young men erupted as the gun shots continued.

One by one, the bodies fell to the floor, when finally there was only one voice left in the group.

"Please, I have kids, please, no..." The young man was pleading to Barak who was now holding his gun to his head.

His comment intrigued me. I turned myself towards them and looked down to the warrior begging for his life.

He was on his knees, looking to me for mercy. He was young, maybe mid 20s, he had blonde hair, and tears were falling from his reddened eyes. He was naked just like the rest of his dead comrades. They were captured in their wolf form and were forced to shift back for questioning.

"Kids?" I came forward to Barak and looked down to the young warrior. I pushed the gun down that Barak still held to the man's head.

I've killed so many of them at this point, so why was I concerned if he had kids?