Gal Pals

Diana

Later that day...

A group of three young women were in front of a familiar looking building in town. When I got closer look, I realized it was the same bar Damian, Eric and I went to the other night.

The three of them stood in front of the door trying to place a sign to unreachable heights.

"Up more, up more the left Etta"

"Like this?"

"No! That looks like shit!"

"I'm too short for this work! Why can't one of the guys do it?"

"Their a bunch of lazy asses, it will look terrible if they did it!"

It looked like they were trying to put up a sign on the door, but nothing at this point was going to make this building look any better.

"Ladies if you will please listen to me! I think I know what the Luna will want, she is my age after all!" A tall woman spoke to the other two women in a dominating voice. Her skin was a soft russet brown, while her tight black curls waved to her shoulders. She was beautiful, but also intimidating.

I cleared my throat to get their attention, but they were too wrapped up on decorating the door.

"Need any help?" I raised my voice and finally caught their attention.

They all turned around in unison with surprised looks on their faces. The tallest woman stood in the middle and the two others stood beside her.

"Luna! We are so delighted you are able to make it!" The tall woman in the middle spoke and kneeled, while the other two followed suit.

"Yes, we are so grateful to now have a Luna after so many years of just a man running everything." The shortest one blurted out.

The three of them giggled and I couldn't help but to join in. I knew there were mostly men in this pack, but I didn't realize how sparse the females were.

"It's really nice to meet you three, Eric told me to meet you here."

I could see the tallest woman's dark eyes light up at the mention of Eric, "Yes-," she cleared her throat, "I'm Hippolyta." She put her hand out to shake and we locked eyes.

There was something about her that spoke to me, like another side of her life that she kept hidden away. Her handshake was firm, but brief. She wore black clothes that were tight enough to show that she spent a lot of time training in the ring. Her physique was impressive, but she also had athletic curves that would turn any mans head.

"I am Phyllis, at your service Luna." Phyllis bowed, revealing her short pixie cut hair that had different shades of blonde. She was the curviest of the three, and she wore denim capris and a white button-down blouse. She had sun-kissed skin, and her nails were painted bright orange. She had the nicest smile which revealed her pearly white teeth all perfectly aligned.

"I am Etta, pleasure to meet you." Etta was the tiniest of the three, her skin was pale like she hadn't seen sun in days, her chestnut brown hair was frenched braided to the sides and her eyes were ice blue. I could tell she was thinking a million miles a minute. Maybe she was the brains of the group?

"Well..." I paused.

At this point, I didn't know what to say. There was an awkward moment as we all stood there looking at each other.

That's when Hippolyta broke the awkward silence, "Luna, I won't lie to you. Our preparations are somewhat, limited. We were not expecting to plan an event on such early notice, so we actually hired an event planner." The other two girls nodded in agreeance.

"Well, that makes sense," I turned to look at the building they were trying to decorate. I didn't want to tell them the truth, but it looked like it needed some work. "This was the pub I was at the other night with Damian..."

"Oh, the Alpha?!" Etta excitedly replied.

"Yes, didn't realize you used this building for more then one purpose." It looked a little run down, but I guess it will do. The bricks were dark and the sign which read the pub looked like it was on its last legs of life.

It needed some work to say the least.

"Isn't it funny, the pub is literally called the pub." I kept my gaze on the dilapidated sign hanging only by a thin cord.

"This was Alpha's Zeus's favourite place to go after a long day with his warriors. It holds a certain place in the Alpha's heart I suppose." Hippolyta sighed as she stared at the building, "That's why it's been untouched or unaltered after all these years."

"Its perfect then." I smiled.

Knowing that this place holds value to Damian makes this an obvious choice.

"Agreed." Hippolyta continued looking at the building, like she was in deep thought.

"So, who did you get to straighten this place up?" I asked.

"Some event planner that I asked through a friend." Phyllis said.

"Wait what friend is that? I thought you hired the same planner from your birthday party last year?" Hippolyta crossed her arms suspiciously as she looked to her.

Phyllis's eyes dropped to her feet, "Amanda recommended it." She muttered under her breath.

I rolled my eyes when I heard the name. Amanda was the one who tried pulling me out of Damian's office my first day here. I preferred if she were not involved in the planning process.

"Wow, how can we trust this will get done!? Amanda is a damn liar!" Etta angrily furrowed her eyebrows.

"I couldn't get anyone else alright!" Phyllis threw her hands up in the air and exchanged the same look.

"Calm yourselves down ladies," Hippolyta put her hand on both of their shoulders, "As long as it gets done."

Phyllis and Etta locked eyes momentarily then gave a small nod in agreeance.

"So, Phyllis, when is the event planner getting here?" I asked.

"She said she would get here later today."

"Perfect." Hippolyta sighed, "In the meantime, lets plan on getting ready together tomorrow before the big day." She turned to me and smiled, "Luna, you excited?"

"Yes." I nervously swayed back and forth. Deep down I was more excited about telling Damian about my pregnancy, but I suppose I can withhold until tomorrow.

"Want to get ready with us before the ceremony?!" Phyllis eyes lit up excitedly.

Hippolyta swatted her shoulder in response, "She probably has better things to do Phyllis!"

"Sorry Luna, its just... Wouldn't it be nice to have some girl time?" Phyllis gave a shy smile as she looked in my direction.

Maybe it would be nice to have some girl time. I've been so wrapped up in my head about this pregnancy that maybe it would be a good distraction. I was only a day away from telling him the news, but knowing my big mouth, maybe I would let the cat out of the bag.

"Its ok!" My face lit up as I looked at the three ladies waiting for my response, "I would love that."