☽two☾

I catch up to Ron, Hermione, and Harry as they make their way to Hagrid's hut for their Care of Magical Creatures class.

"You don't think that Grim thing's got anything to do with Sirius Black?" Ron asks.

"Who has the Grim?" I question.

They all turn to look at me.

"What are you doing here?" Ron questions.

I shrug my shoulders. "You know my classes are at night and Hagrid agreed to let me sit in on his."

"Oh." Ron nods. "Well according to Professor Trelawney Harry has got the Grim."

"Oh, honestly, Ron. If you ask me, Divination's a woolly discipline. Now, Ancient Runes, that's a fascinating subject," Hermione states.

"Ancient Runes? Exactly how many classes are you taking, Hermione?" I question.

"A fair few," Hermione replies.

"Hang on. That's not possible. Ancient Runes is at the same time as Divination. You have to be in two classes at once," Ron argues.

"Don't be silly. How could anyone be in two classes at once?" Hermione remarks. "'Broaden your minds. Use your Inner Eye to see the future.'"

I smile at Hagrid as we arrive at his hut. "Hello, Professor Hagrid."

Hagrid smiles. "Good afternoon, Professor Weasley." Hagrid turns to the students. "That's it. Come on, now. Come closer. Less talking, if you don't mind. I got a real treat for you today. A great lesson. So follow me."

"Why is Professor Weasley here?" someone asks.

"I'm just here to observe. If I wasn't your astronomy teacher I would probably be a magizoologist," I explain.

Hagrid leads us into the woods. "Right, you lot. Less chattering. Form a group over there. And open your books to page 49."

"Exactly how do we do that?" Draco Malfoy questions.

"Just stroke the spine, of course," Hagrid tells him. "Goodness me."

Neville Longbottom gets his book to open but it freaks out scaring him and causing him to fall on his behind.

"Don't be such a wimp, Longbottom," Seamus Finnigan taunts.

"I'm okay. Okay," Neville says.

"I think they're funny," Hermione admits.

"Oh, yeah. Terribly funny. Witty. God, this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until Father hears Dumbledore's got this oaf teaching classes," Draco remarks.

"Shut up, Malfoy," Harry tells him.

Draco steps towards Harry. "Dementor! Dementor!" He laughs when Harry falls for it.

"Just ignore him," I tell Harry.

"You're supposed to stroke it," Ron tells Neville.

"Yeah," Neville says.

Hagrid clears his throat. "Dun dun dun dah." He gestures to a hippogriff. "Isn't he beautiful? Say hello to Buckbeak."

"Hagrid, exactly what is that?" Ron asks.

"That, Ron, is a hippogriff. First thing you wanna know about hippogriffs is that they're very proud creatures. Very easily offended. You do not want to insult a hippogriff. It may be the last thing you ever do. Now, who'd like to come and say hello?" Hagrid says. Everyone steps back but Harry. "Well done, Harry. Well done." Harry looks around. "Come on now." Ron pushes Harry forward. "Now... you have to let him make the first move. It's only polite. So... step up. Give him a nice bow. Then you wait and see if he bows back. If he does, you can go and touch him. If not... Well, we'll get to that later. Just make your bow. Nice and low." Harry bows to Buckbeak. "Back off, Harry. Back off. Keep still. Keep still." Buckbeak bows to Harry. "Well done, Harry. Well done. Here, you big brute, you. Right. I think you can go and pat him now. Go on. Don't be shy. Nice and slow, now. Nice and slow. Slow." Harry reaches his hand out to Buckbeak. "Not so fast, Harry. Slow down, Harry. That's it... Nice and slow. Now let him come to you. Slowly, now, slowly, slowly... That's it..." Buckbeak puts his head in Harry's hand. "Yes! Well done! Well done, Harry, well done!" Everyone claps. "