☽seventeen☾

Ginny and I are walking down the corridor on the train. Ginny is carrying her new pygmy puff, Arnold.

"I should get a pygmy puff," I state.

"Could keep you company when Remus can't," Ginny offers.

I stop and give her a look. "Is Arnold there to keep you company when Dean Thomas can't?"

"Dean and I are..." Ginny trails off.

"Dean and you are?" I ask.

We are interrupted by Luna. "Quibbler! Quibbler." She stops in front of Ginny looking at Arnold. "He's lovely. They've been known to sing at Boxing Day, you know? Quibbler?"

"Oh, please," I tell her. I take the Quibbler looking over the front page. "What's a Wrackspurt?"

"Invisible creatures, they fly in your ears and make your brain go fuzzy," Luna tells me. She keeps on down the corridor. "Quibbler!"

"I wish I could be as carefree as Luna. I do so admire her," I admit.

"You never followed the rules when you were a student," Ginny reminds me.

I chuckle. "I had the record for howlers sent in a single term before Fred and George started school."

I spot a compartment with only Neville seated inside. I smile as I slide the door open.

"Mind if we join you?" I ask.

Neville shakes his head. "No."

Ginny and I both sit on the seat opposite Neville.

"How was your holiday, Neville?" Ginny asks.

After arriving in Hogsmeade I stick with Ginny and Neville. When we get to the gates of the school you can feel a shift in energy. Everything is different from every other year I've spent here.

Professor Flitwick is there to greet all of the students. "Right... Names?"

I give him a look. "You've known us for sixteen years."

"No exceptions, Professor," Flitwick tells me.

I sigh. "Tamsin Weasley."

"Ginny Weasley," she tells him.

"Neville Longbottom," he states.

Professor Flitwick nods. "Your belongings are waiting just over there."

I watch as Filch goes through everyone's bags.

I spot Hermione and Ron walking through the gates. Harry isn't with him.

"Where's Harry?" I ask.

"I don't know," Hermione tells me. "He got up for air when we were on the train but I haven't seen him since."

I nod my head. "You lot head up to the castle. I've got to take care of something."

They all nod before heading off. I walk back over to Flitwick. "Has Potter shown up yet?"

Flitwick looks over his list. "No. Not yet."

Draco is the next student to show up. He is by himself.

"Name?" Flitwick asks.

"Draco Malfoy," he states.

Professor Flitwick nods. "Your belongings are waiting just over there."

I watch Draco as he walks past me. Something about him just seems off. He usually has a bad attitude but it seems to have gotten worse since last term.