☽thirteen☾

In the Great Hall everyone is happily chatting away and eating. I sit at the head table with the other Professors.

"Good evening, children." Dumbledore stands at the podium. "Now, we have two changes in staffing this year. We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank... who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures... while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher... Professor Dolores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck. Now, as usual, our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you..."

Umbridge, a woman dressed in all pink resembling a pink marshmallow, makes a sound and Dumbledore stops talking. She works for Fudge at the ministry.

"Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright... happy faces smiling up at me. I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends," Umbridge states. I can only imagine the insults running through the students minds. "The Ministry of Magic has always considered... the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster... has brought something new to this historic school... progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved... perfect what can be perfected... and prune practices that ought to be prohibited," Umbridge says with a giggle.

Dumbledore claps. "Thank you, Professor Umbridge. That really was most illuminating." I try my hardest to not roll my eyes. "Magic is forbidden in the corridors..."

I sit with Ginny in my office.

"Everyone thinks that Harry is a liar," Ginny tells me.

"Did something happen after dinner?" I ask.

"Everyone was reading those Daily Prophet articles about him. Some parents didn't want their kids coming back," Ginny tells me.

"The Daily Prophet is writing lies. They want to make Harry and Dumbledore seem crazy. They don't want to admit that You-Know-Who is truly back," I explain.

"Some people still think Harry had something to do with Cedric Diggory's death," Ginny says.

"People are scared that's all, Ginny. Believing Harry means believing You-Know-Who is back," I explain.

"You believe him right?" Ginny asks.

I chuckle. "Of course I believe Harry. I would never have joined the Order if I didn't."

"Speaking of the Order. Were you ever planning on telling your siblings about you and Professor Lupin?" Ginny asks.

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

"Fred and George overheard you and Professor Lupin telling Mum and Dad that you're together," Ginny states. I smile. "So it is true?"

I nod my head. "Yes."

"Why didn't you tell me?" Ginny asks.

"In case you have forgotten it's been a rather busy summer," I remind her.

"I should have realised. You two were always together," Ginny says. I smile. "Do you love him?"

I nod my head. "Very much."

"How do you know?" Ginny asks.

"I miss him terribly when we're apart. I worry if he's eaten today. If he got enough sleep. I sit by the fireplace every full moon waiting to see that he is alright." I chuckle. "I just... I haven't felt this way about anyone before."

Ginny smiles. "You really have it bad for him."

I am walking down the hallway when I see Harry walking by himself. I smile at him.