☽three☾

It's Monday and classes have resumed without issue. For me Monday nights are the nights I teach fourth years.

Cormac McLaggen has fallen asleep at his telescope. I shake my head lightly as I take out my wand.

"Wingardium Leviosa."

The telescope Cormac is leaning on starts to levitate. He falls backwards landing on his bum causing everyone to chuckle. Cormac looks around confused noticing the telescope in the air.

"Alright. That's enough for tonight. Go and get some rest. I'll see you all next week. Class dismissed," I tell them.

I clean up the telescopes depositing them in my office before heading to my room. Professors rooms aren't very fancy but they are much better than student dorms. I have a bathroom with a shower and a small kitchenette all to myself. I shower before making myself a cup of tea. I tend to stay up late and do my work. It makes sense with my class schedule. I value a lie in more than most everything else.

I stand up from my small dining table when I hear a knock on the door. Students normally don't bother me this late especially if I'm not in my office. It's probably Ginny still upset by what happened. Or Fred and George warning me about a prank gone a bit too far.

I open the door and a black dog runs right past me into my room. It's the same black dog from two days ago. I watch as the dog turns into Sirius Black.

"Close the door," Sirius instructs.

I stand frozen in place. Sirius walks past me and closes the door. He stares at me for a moment before stepping away.

"I could scream and you wouldn't be able to get away fast enough," I threaten.

Sirius smiles. "If you were going to scream you would have by now."

"My father says you're here to kill Harry Potter," I state.

"I am here to kill someone... but not Harry Potter," Sirius admits.

I move to sit back down in the dining chair. "If you say it's me I will be very much upset with you."

"I'm here to kill your brother's rat," Sirius tells me.

"Do you want a cup of tea?" I ask. Sirius looks taken aback. "I think this is going to take a while for you to explain all of this to me."

I make Sirius a cup of tea as well as another for myself. I use magic to summon food from the Hogwarts kitchen. Sirius begins to devour the food in front of him. I can tell his time in Azkaban has not been kind.

"Do you think you could slow down a little and tell me why you're trying to kill my brother's rat," I say.

"It's not just a rat it's Peter Pettigrew," Sirius states.

"You think Scabbers is Peter Pettigrew?" I question. I shake my head. "Scabbers has been in my family for..."

"Twelve years? Curiously long life for a common garden rat. He's missing a toe, isn't he?" Sirius says.

"What does a missing toe have to do with anything?" I ask.

"All they could find of Pettigrew was his finger. Dirty coward cut it off so everyone would think he was dead. And then he transformed into a rat," Sirius explains.

"So you want me to believe that you didn't kill Peter Pettigrew? He actually ran away and has been living as my brother's rat for twelve years?" I question.

"I know it sounds crazy..." Sirius starts.

I cut him off, "Try absolutely bloody mental."

I shake my head. "And if he is here why go after him? Personal vendetta? Revenge? Fun?"