˗ˋ 56

CHAPTER FIFTY SIX

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH SHE'S EXHAUSTED

. . .

From that day onwards, everyday after they finished up with their lessons, Fred, George and Elodie would spend at least an hour practising. Various spells were learnt and attempted to be memorised, and there were stacks of books hidden behind the old teacher's desk.

They had found an appropriate empty classroom that they knew wouldn't be used, and clearly hadn't been in a long time - considering the amount of dust that had built up over the years.

Fred and George were working on their products in there as well, especially when the hour or so they spent up there was taken up by the French champion going through the books they had taken from the library in order to try and find certain spells. 

"Thank Merlin I missed that potions lesson." Elodie seemingly appeared out of nowhere as Fred and George climbed up the stairs from the dungeon. "I definitely milked it though, I think Madame caught on with the fact I was trying to stay with her as long as possible."

"Didn't say anything to you though?" George asked, as they began to walk towards the staircase up onto the higher floors. They only had a Charms lesson left before the end of the day, and they would return to the abandoned classroom after that.  

"No, she just scheduled one for next Monday." Elodie replied with a sigh. It was the second of week of June,  and there was only a couple of weeks until the third task on the 24th. 

It seemed that the reality hadn't exactly settled with Elodie yet - she was still acting as if it was months away. That was how she appeared to be dealing with the overwhelming amount of nerves - that and falling asleep in practically everywhere.

Whether it be the bench that her and Fred were sat on, within the abandoned classroom or any of her actual classes - Elodie could fall asleep there. More often than not she stayed with the twins after falling asleep, but would wake up in the early hours of the morning and lay there in silence, worrying. 

"Got you this earlier." Fred held up a bottle of dark purple liquid. "Dropped by the Hospital Wing to get some of Madam Pomfrey so you have no more nights of tossing and turning."

"How sweet." Elodie smiled, tucking away the bottle before looking back up at the Weasley boy. "And why did you really go?" She asked, looking deadly serious.

"No other reason." Fred quickly said, before seeing the look both his brother and Elodie gave him. "Fine, whilst you were having tea with Madame Maxime, we heard from a couple of third years that Snape had gotten burnt in his last lesson."

"So naturally, we had a plan figured out in seconds. Fred would go get you sleeping potion and keep Snape there for a bit, and I would raid his potions cupboard before our lesson next so he would have no reason to suspect us." George continued, looking rather proud.

"I'm hoping it worked?" She asked, the twins nodding. "And I'm guessing these ingredients are up in the classroom?"

Yet another nod came from the twins as they walked into the Charms classroom and made their way to their usual seats. "We'll be trying to make more products, I'm assuming you know what you're doing?" George asked.

"Don't need any testers? Anyone to test the Bat-Bogey Hex on? Or a binding spell?" Fred balanced his elbows on the table, head on chin. "You know I'll willingly volunteer."

"You do.." Elodie frowned, eyes widening as she thought back to the various other times that the twins had volunteered to help her out. It had helped, but she felt somewhat guilty practising all the hexes and charms on them. 

"And neither of us mind doing it. We have to test our products on each other anyway." George leaned over as Flitwick began his lesson on cleaning charms. "So Ellie, are your teas with Madame Maxime going to be a regular thing?" 

"I'm not sure. I guess I like them.. but it's sort of strange. This used to be a thing between me and Fleur, but mine are getting more often and Fleur is out of her grasps." Elodie sighed, resting her head on Fred's shoulder. "Is there something you want off of her?"

"Well there's a particular line of love potions we want to develop." George began to go off discussing the idea about the line, when Fred stopped him with a shush. 

And of course, Elodie had fallen asleep, exhausted by the constant work.