˗ˋ 15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY VISIT CHARLIE

. . .

"Don't suppose you want to go and visit Charlie do you?" Fred asked, the day after the task had taken place. Both the twins looked practically exhausted - most likely because of the party the night before.

"He's here until dinner tonight." George chimed in, looking down at Elodie, who was eating her bowl of cereal with her good hand, looking a bit less pale since the day before - having lost all the blood casuing it. She had slept rather late, and it was the very last ten minutes of breakfast when she appeared, arm bandaged tightly and in a sling.

"I suppose I could do." Elodie considered, looking up at them. "Fleur, you don't mind, do you?" The blonde girl was sat on the left of Elodie, as usual, and was flicking through a rather glossy looking french magazine. 

"No, of course not. I'll just have to avoid Raphael at all costs. He doesn't seem to care much for me when I'm with another boy - any suggestions?" Fleur looked up from her magazine at her best friend, flicking her long, straight hair over her shoulder.

"What about him?" Elodie replied, and Fleur peered down the table in the direction towards where Elodie was pointing, meeting the eyes of a dark-haired Gryffindor.

"You have your twins and I have the Ravenclaw Quidditch captain, my, we're both having fun this year." Fleur giggled, and Elodie rolled her eyes, flicking the exposed part of Fleur's neck with her good hand. "Oi!" Fleur exclaimed, as Elodie carefully got to her feet.

"I'll see you later." Elodie finished, before turning to the twins - one of which was staring at her rather intently, eyes wide and ears pink. "Let's go?" She asked, eyes flickering over to George, who shoved his brother, causing him to stumble, but got rid of the expression on his face.

Careful to make sure nobody bumped Elodie's injured arm, the twins escorted the French champion out of the castle with a chorus of yells of telling people to get out of the way behind them. 

Fred and George carefully tread a path through the forest that surrounded the one side of the school, and soon enough, they ended up on a campsite-style clearing, large cages and massive chains hanging from trees. 

"Fred and George?" A voice asked, and the group turned around to see a dark haired girl, wearing leather clothing and holding a rather large chunk of meat. "Venturing into the forest - you've finally grown a pair of balls since you started."

"Kaida?" The twins chorused, and Elodie kept quiet, peering around - on the look out for dragons. "What are you doing here?" George asked.

"I came with the dragons, stupid." Kaida shook her head. "I need to go and feed Norberta - suppose you're looking for Charlie?" 

"Good guess." Fred replied, and Kaida pointed over to a tent, telling them that their second oldest brother was in there. "Oh Kaida - this is Elodie." He said quickly, pulling Elodie over with her right arm. 

"Elodie.. the Beauxbatons champion right? Charlie told me Irene did quite a number on you - and he was right." Kaida eyed the bandage wrapped around the entirety of Elodie's left arm. "I hope you get better soon, Madame Pomfrey will have you fixed in no time. Good to see you again.. and I think I would be right in assuming I'll see you again sometimes, Elodie." Kaida waved goodbye best she could, chunk of meat still in her hand as she walked away. 

"That was Kaida. She's Charlie's best friend-girlfriend sort of thing. Nobody's sure what really goes on whilst they're in Romania." George shrugged, walking over to the tent that the dark haired girl had pointed out. "Charlie?" He shouted into the tent, and a voice told them to enter. 

"Did I hear that Kai sent you guys over?" Charlie asked, almost as soon as the group entered. "Did she look upset? At all?" 

"What? No.. are you guys having problems?" Fred looked concerned, but Charlie quickly changed the topic, looking over at Elodie. 

"I don't suppose Madame Pomfrey would be very happy with me for this - but if you want I can change your bandages and apply some of this balm that the dragon keepers have?" Charlie offered. 

Elodie took him up on his offer, wanting to get out of the sling as soon as she possibly could. With the help of Fred and George, the bandages were unwrapped, and Elodie's left arm lay on the table, feeling oddly cold after being exposed. 

"Ouch.." The twins peered at the stitched up cut, and Charlie busied himself with getting the balm and new bandages. 

"You did a magnificent job - thankfully none of the dragons got hurt, except a couple curses to their eyes." Charlie murmured, carefully applying the balm to the skin surrounding the cut. 

"Is that why Kai is upset?" Fred asked, slipping into the seat next to Elodie, taking a tiny bit of the balm and applying it to the end of the cut, which rested just above her wrist. 

"You could say that. She just doesn't like that they were used for 'entertainment'." Charlie shrugged. "Irene and Norberta are fine though, which is all that matters."

They finished applying the balm as quickly as they could, Charlie wrapping bandages around Elodie's arm again. "You better get back up to the castle - I don't need McGonagall sending me owls asking me where you went - and Elodie, you could start looking at that egg."

"It's too heavy for me to lift at the minute, I'm going to wait until after Christmas. I've got until February to figure it out, anyways." Elodie shrugged, sliding her arm back into the sling. 

"I wouldn't bother. All it is is a shit ton of screaming." Fred shrugged. "Awful noise. But lets get you back Ellie. You don't mind waiting outside for a moment whilst we talk to Charlie?" 

"Of course not, take as long as you need." Elodie moved as quick as she could out of the tent, although with a tiny bit of a limp, another incident from the task.

"We missed you." The twins instantly told the boy, who laughed and ruffled their hair. 

"She seems nice, Elodie does. I'm guessing it's you who likes her, Fred?" Charlie's eyes flickered in amusement, as Fred blushed. 

"Merlin, he just gawks at her." George laughed, as his brother turned even more pink. "He won't ask her out though, he's far too scared of being embarassed."

But as it turned out, Fred's chance to ask Elodie out would come along quicker than expected.