˗ˋ 81

CHAPTER EIGHTY-ONE

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH CELEBRATIONS OCCUR

. . .

The kitchen was full of life and coloured in red and gold as the twins pulled Elodie inside, followed by their oldest brother, father and Mad-Eye Moody. Sirius, Tonks, Lupin and Mrs Weasley were already within the room, smiling up at those who were entering.

"Oh, Alastor, I am glad you're here." Mrs Weasley began brightly, as Mad-Eye shrugged off his traveling cloak. The Weasley woman reached for Elodie as she spoke, handing her a letter and straightening out the collar of her shirt. "We'vebeen wanting to ask you for ages - could you have a lookin the writing desk in the drawing room and tell us what'sinside it? We haven't wanted to open it just in case it'ssomething really nasty."

"Thank you." Elodie smiled as Fred and George pulled her out of the way once more, tugging her into the corner as she opened the envelope. "Just the stuff list.. and a letter from Professor McGonagall saying I'll get sorted before the main ceremony? What's that?"

"The Sorting Ceremony?" George's eyesbrows darted upwards for just a second. "The Sorting hat puts you into your house - I'm guessing you'll be sorted outside of the Hall?"

"Oh I hope so - after last year I'm not particularily looking forward to attention." Elodie smiled, a little sadness intertwined. "But.. what if I don't get put into Gryffindor?"

"As long as you're not in Slytherin I have no complaints." Fred shrugged, swinging an arm around her shoulder. "If you get Ravenclaw, well then I can brag about how my girlfriend is smart."

"Something that youu weren't able to do before?" Elodie asked, Fred's ears tinting pink as he spluttered. "I know what you mean. Don't worry, I have no intention of being sorted into Slytherin."

"And if you are, well then we don't have a problem with it." Whilst Fred was the girl's boyfriend, George was most certainly her best friend and he could see the flicker of worry crossing her features. "Right Fred?" George elbowed his twin.

"Right." Fred nodded. "...But it would be great if you didn't." 

"I won't. I'll do my best not to be sorted into Slytherin." Elodie replied, the three teens turning to take goblets of butterbeer that Lupin had poured them.

"Well, I think a toast is in order," said Mr Weasley, wheneveryone had a drink. He raised his goblet. "To Ron andHermione, the new Gryffindor prefects, and of course, to Elodie starting at Hogwarts, for her final year no less."

A smile grew across Ellie's face as they rose their goblets and chimed in, taking sips of the butterbeer within them. "Here, come here." Fred pulled Elodie around, George grinning as he lifted a small flask out of his pocket. "Firewhiskey." 

"You're spiking our drinks?" Elodie asked.

"Shh!" George hushed her. "Moody can probably hear us, trust me it's a lot better this way." The wasn't lying, with the added alchohol into the butterbeer it left a certain warmth as they made their way over to the table of food. 

"I was never a prefect myself," Tonks said brightly from behind Harry as everybody moved toward the table to help themselves to food. Her hair was tomato-red and waist length today; she looked like Ginny's older sister. "My Head of House said I lacked certain necessary qualities."

"Like what?" Ginny asked, who was choosing a baked potato.

"Like the ability to behave myself." Tonks continued. Ginny laughed; Hermione looked as though she did not know whether to smile or not and compromised by taking an extra large gulp of butterbeer and choking on it. 

"What about you, Sirius?" Ginny asked, thumping Hermione on the back. "Any badge of any sorts?"

Sirius, who was right beside Harry, let out his usual barklike laugh. "No one would have made me a prefect, I spent too much time in detention with James. Lupin was the good boy, he got the badge."

"James.. Harry's dad?" Elodie checked, Fred and George nodding.

"I think Dumbledore might have hoped that I would be able to exercise some control over my best friends." Lupin continued. "I need scarcely say that I failed dismally."

The twins glanced at each other as the conversation descended down a less interesting path. "El - come on, you can help us." Fred eyed Mundungus Fletcher, who was glancing around nervously, his pockets full of something. 

And without any time to question them, Elodie was dragged along for the last night at Grimmauld place, before they returned to Hogwarts the very next day.