˗ˋ 46

CHAPTER FORTY SIX

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH SHE GOES TO TEA

. . .

Elodie sat in front of Madame Maxime, posture absolutely perfect and ankles crosssed beneath her. The headmistress had invited her to tea a couple of days following the second task, and so, Elodie had borrowed one of Fleur's perfect uniforms, rather than one of her adjusted versions. 

Her skirt didn't rise up her thighs when she sat down, instead sitting just above her knee. The blouse was a little tight, but it actually had the top button on the collar and the shawl actually managed to fit around her shoulders. 

Elodie's actual school shoes were extrmeely scuffed and the buckle was falling off - and so she usually wore converse or boots. Her school hat had some weird stain on it and a dent, and usually her hair was somewhat a mess.

But today her shoes had a certain shine to them, her hat was perfectly blue, and Fleur had put some form of product in her hair that let it fall in a perfect flow, tied back into a low ponytail with a matching blue ribbon. 

Fleur had forced her to put nice clothes on, because whilst Madame Maxime was more than used to her looking like she usually did - "This is tea, Ellie, not just some meeting in an empty classroom. She's invited you to her study!" Fleur had exclaimed - and had forced Elodie to go back with her to their room an hour before Elodie's meeting.

The Beaumont girl had come to the conclusion that she wanted to possibly transfer to Hogwarts late the previous night, when she was having trouble sleeping after her many hours since the task the day before that. 

Her and Fred could easily have a long-distance relationship - France and England wasn't too far apart and the owl postal service was pretty much reliable all of them time. But Elodie liked Hogwarts, possibly much more than she liked Beauxbatons. 

Breaking the news to Madame Maxime would be hard - but she still had months to decide and if she was to let the headmistress know, it would be after they return to France, or even into hte holidays, when she had discussed it with her parents. 

But there was definitely a possibility of her moving to Hogwarts. Not just because of Fred - which she was sure her parents would bring up if she mentioned him. And so, the Beaumonts would not be finding out the extent of Fred and Elodie's relationship until she had move - if she was to move.

"You did well on the second task - I can't say I agree with the temperatures you were plunged into, but you did well." Madame Maxime said, and Elodie smiled at the compliment. "I assume you are to begin preparing for the final task soon?"

"Yes, will Monsieur Bagman be informing us of what we need to prepare or do in order to know what we have to do for the task. Nobody has mentioned something like the Golden Egg to help us out with this, right?" Elodie asked, hoping with all her heart that nothing had happened, and she hadn't completely missed her only clue for the third task whilst under the water of the Black Lake.

"I do hope he will just tell you. Although,if you need any help I can always find information for you." Madame Maxime smiled conspiratorially. "I believe that you will do very well."

"Thank you, Madame." Elodie replied, proud of herself. She finally sat up properly, cursing her awful posture as she reached out for her tea cup, taking a sip of the lemon-steeped tea that filled it, one of her headmistress's favourite. 

"And after rescuing him from the lake, I believe that you and Mr Weasley are still getting on well?" Madame Maxime asked, and the Beaumont girl almost choked on her tea.

"Pardon?" 

"Oh you know what I'm talking about Elodie, dear. You think I haven't noticed him leaving our carriages late at night and you returning from the castle just as late - or not at all. I'm very observant, there's a reason why I suggested him to be the person you rescued for the trial." The headteacher waved off Elodie's surprise with an air of elegance. 

"He's doing well.. I'm doing well.. we're very well." Elodie eyes were still wide as she busied herself with another sip of tea, cheeks flushing pink behind them. Madame Maxime laughed, and Elodie looked up in at wonder at the half-giant witch.

"Forgive me if I'm intruding. If you haven't worked out already - you're a very clever witch, Ellie - my.. height rather limits my options for finding the special one for me. It's wrong, but sometimes I live rather vicariously through my students. Young love is beautiful, I wouldn't blame you if you decided to change schools for it. He's a very lucky boy." The champion's gaze turned to a stare at her words. 

"How did I know? I didn't really, I took a gamble." Madame Maxime added with a whisper and a wink. "I won't force my help upon you, but if you need anything for the third task just tell me. Now chop chop, drink up before it goes cold.

The Beaumont girl didn't have the heart to tell Madame Maxime that her tea had gone cold long ago, and she still sipped on the citrus-flavoured drink so she could continue to hear the witch's stories. 

And Madame Maxime was more than happy when Elodie requested another cup.

✧ 

a/n
tysm for 100k!!
this should have been
up yesterday but i was relaxing
after exams so it's up today