˗ˋ 57

CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH IT'S THE EVE

. . .

It seemed that not only had Elodie, Fred and George taken up a classroom to practise in at every possible moment, but Hermione, Harry and Ron had done the same. It was only after they had walked in on them in the Transfiguration classroom that they had figured it out.

McGonagall had walked in on the trios staring at each other, before sighing and informing the twins and the Beauxbaton's champion that they could have the classroom they had already been practising to themselves - the three of them had been looking for a change of scenery to try and motivate them all, but they would take what they could get.

Despite the sudden blip that one lunchtime, Elodie had been practising consistently, and had even ended up doing some practise in the back of lessons - she had been seen scribbling down spells and different plans of attack in multiple lessons. 

And alongside that, during her breaks in the practises - Fred had remembered when Percy was studying for his NEWTs and had developed an irrational fear Elodie turning into some Ministry-bound monster and forced her to make a schedule with plenty of breaks in - Elodie had been helping the twins with their business.

It seemed like it could really go somewhere, and it was their dream. And as their best friend and a firm believer in that playing pranks just made you so much more interesting of a person, Ellie supported them fully.

Whether supporting them meant stealling ingedients from Snape's cupboard whilst George distracted the Poitions Master, or running down to the kitchens to get them all snacks, or even writing up formal letters and order forms for them - Elodie could do it all. 

And somehow she was managing to practise as well, making lists upon lists of magical creatures she could come into contact with and how she should go about it if she were to encounter it. Even longer lists of spells, whether they be hexes, charms or jinxes, she had listed them down, along with the incantation and a brief, usually scribbled line sketch of the general wand movement that would have to accompany it in order for it to be successful. 

She was getting even busier and busier as the final week before the 24th hit them, and the reality fully set it. The school was practically buzzing with excitement as the day of the tournament approached, and soon enough, it was the night before the very day it would take place. 

"You're going to do beautifully." Fred was sat in front of a tear-stained Elodie on the classroom floor. She had been worrying all day, unable to focus and all the pressure and stress seemed to hit all at one when a spell had gone wrong and George and ended up with multicoloured hair, the Weasley boy scuttling off to Madam Pomfrey with a somewhat pleased smile on his face.

 "That doesn't even make any sense." Elodie hiccupped, wiping underneath her eyes.

"Sure you can." Fred said, sounding extremely confident in his words. "If you do beautifully then you do good - it works, alright?" He continued, reaching over and patting her on the head, before changing his mind and pulling her onto his lap in one swift movement.

Elodie's eyes widened at the sudden change in position, and hiccupped again, reaching to fiddle with the necklace around her neck, slipping her finger under the chain and moving the charm from side to side, trying to calm down. 

Fred pulled a hankerchief out of his pocket, patting her face dry, pressing a fleeting kiss to her temple before standing up with her in his arms, setting her down on her feet once more. "Come on, you numpty. You can't do beautifully if you stop practising now - you can't just give up."

"That turned from sympathetic to harsh in a matter of seconds." Elodie commented, sniffing and giving herself a moment to fully calm down, before shivering and making her way over to the desk that Fred was leaning against, the Weasley boy opening his arms and moving slightly so she could stand between his legs.

Elodie rested her head on Fred's chest for just a moment, feeling his hand land on her waist, but slowly began to trail downwards. "Fred!" She gasped, and he laughed in reply, moving it back to it's originally position. "Way to lighten the mood." She commented.

"What can I say?" Fred smirked as Elodie moved away, pausing and pulling the folded grey sweater off of the table.

"You don't mind?" She asked, and Fred glanced between her and the sweater multiple times, wondering why she was asking him. Then he realised it was his sweater and nodded, rather too enthusiastically, watching with a smile as Elodie pulled it over the powder blue dress of her uniform.

"I might just end up moving here for the uniform." She wrapped her arms around her stomach, jumper fall too large for her and hanging quite close to where her skirt ended on her thights. "It's so much more comfortable then these stupid dresses."

"I think the dresses are nice. I like them." Fred said, and Elodie's expression dropped, staring at the boy. "What? I do, they look good."

"You only like them because of how short they are - or mine is. I can't believe Madame Maxime hasn't beheaded me for how short this is." Elodie smiled, shaking her head at the boy in front of her, who was not to subtly staring at her legs. "I should apologise to George."

"You know, I don't think he minded. Looked rather pleased with the rainbow hair when he left." Fred said. "But what you should do is get practising again. And as for me, I'll practise my expression for when I find out it was my girl who won the Triwizard Tournament."

"I wouldn't hold your breath." Elodie replied, before pausing. "My girl?" She asked, Fred nodding firmly.

"My girl."